Just six days later

Beezee

And thanks to the advice of both Douglas99 AND Totto I'm pleased to tell you that my BS tonight is a 'mere' 8.8!!

Whilst I haven't quite managed to follow the Lchf diet recommended by Totto to its entirety I have cut the carbs - no bread, rice or pasta. I did have a couple of spoonfuls of couscous today with no undue effects - I know this thanks to Douglas99 telling me to 'test, test, test'.

After months of being between 16-25 I can't tell you how it good it feels. I even managed 5 minutes on the cross-trainer today.

I'm due to get the results of the blood test I had last Thursday on the 17th - I actually cried to the poor nurse charged with taking the sample - she advised me to talk it all over with my DN - the one I can't get an appointment with until October. At this rate I won't need to worry.

I do have a further question tho - I was told last October that my cholesterol was high but the DN said she would be in contact about that (oh yeah?!) anyway ... What effect does a Lchf diet have on this? I'm loathe to eat high-cholesterol food like eggs if they are going to have a negative effect - should I forget Lchf and just cut the carbs?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
First off, congratulations for a brilliant result.
I'm glad you have found a diet that works for you.

As to the cholesterol, again, that's personal. Most lchf that stay on the diet report good results, others seem to be not so good and move onto a different path. The only way to know is to stick with it. Get the bs under control, then target the cholesterol. You'll know it the diet is working if the blood tests tell you!
My GP is good about testing, they do bloods every 3 months or so, when I ask them. So I can change my diet from targeting weight loss and getting the bs right, to targeting cholesterol, and I will know if it's right or not.
Get the nurse to check yours regularly as well at the Ha1bc.

Reactions: 2 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Well done. Keep on with the testing and you will soon get the hang of it and lower your bg even more