kidney

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hopefully up your front passage.. I think otherwise it may be a physical impossibility (or am I mistaken).. Its called a
Ureteroscopy

henryfran1938

hello .bulkbiker
ta for info
why did u suggest a new doctor is the doc wrong to suggest a camera up the bum
is treir another method
ta

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think you should maybe go back to see your doctor and ask him/her to explain a bit more. The Digestive system (mouth to bum) is very separate to that of the Renal system (mouth to wee-ing out urine) and best not confused ;)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It is possible that your GP wants to find the exact cause of your symptoms and where those symptoms originate. Generalised abdominal symptoms can (though not always) be caused by a problem with the bowel, having a procedure to look at bowel health would be common sense. Occasionally symptoms are ambiguous when it comes to the kidneys and my guess (I must stress here that I am no Doctor) is that that if your bowel proves to be healthy then more tests will be carried out to see if if your problem relates to your kidneys or elsewhere in your urinary tract.

I am sorry I can't help with anything related to the procedure, I have had the camera down the throat test twice and though uncomfortable it was not painful. Good luck.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And just to reassure you if it’s is a colonoscopy (back/bum route) for a general abdominal/bowel checkup the actual procedure is uncomfortable at worst and a bit embarrassing rather than painful and they can offer gas and air (entonox) if any part is a bit too uncomfortable.

The preparation is worse imo. A day of deliberate and total diarrhoea! Sometime a small amount of foul tasting medicine followed by lots of water or lots of foul tasting already diluted medicine. Ask if the former is suitable if I were you.