Lack of insulin supplies.

TerriH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Noise, hooligan drivers and most of all rude, selfish and totally inconsiderate people.
I have recently been made aware that Novo Nordisk cannot supply Tresiba basal insulin for the next SIX months!!! I have also heard that some types of insulin are now severely restricted and also the Libre 2 sensors are more difficult to get - according to my local pharmacy -. I have contacted Novo Nordisk UK about this and ma waiting to hear from them.
Quite simply are we just supposed to lie down and die now??!!

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
The exact same company make and distribute Victoza (liraglutide) and for some time Victoza has been impossible for my nominated chemist to supply via NHS prescriptions. Within about 2wks of receiving an electronic script from my GP for Victoza, my chemist eventually gets hold of 2 pens from overseas that are over-labelled in English. This means that on average I now have to cope for around a week every month without Victoza; but I'm lucky as most chemists wont bother to try anywhere but their chosen drug wholesaler.