Leg ache

DiabeticDi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Had constant leg ache for 3 weeks, a dull ache, and thigh ache like a bad strain when climbing stairs. Has anyone had this? Type 1 for 43 yrs. Blood sugars ok.

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've had the same feelings in my legs and I'm type 2 on insulin 5 times a day and on statins but the problem with mine is neuropathy and when I fractured most of the bones in my body which doesn't help as most had to be pinned and still are 21 years on so I am not bothered by that but it's just a slight ache and I blame where my diabetes has been playing up with my body now after 34 years of diabetes but no one seems to know what it is and my sugars are normal to high and back again so that isn't the problem either as my sugars have always been that way for awhile

Miss Piggywig

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get an aching feeling in my legs too. I'm only just diagnosed Type 1 but on statins could it be linked to them?

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
I get an aching feeling in my legs too. I'm only just diagnosed Type 1 but on statins could it be linked to them?
Copied this from here Mayo clinic

What are statin side effects?​

Muscle pain and damage​

One of the most common complaints of people taking statins is muscle pain. You may feel this pain as a soreness, tiredness or weakness in your muscles. The pain can be a mild discomfort, or it can be serious enough to make it hard to do your daily activities

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too.
The aching legs took 18 months to recover after just 5 weeks taking Atorvastatin, and I had to stop heaving knitting machines around for a couple of years - I simply could not lift them off any surface. The Metformin just made things worse.
Luckily I have regained some strength but nothing like I used to have.