Letter to Warburtons

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
We, a large number of diabetics, who believe in eating a low carbohydrate diet. would find it extremely helpful if we could find a low carbohydrate bread generally available. We noticed that the TV advert says you listen to requests and we're hoping you'll listen to this one.
We are well aware that if you consult Diabetes Uk or the medical profession about this, they will tell you that they do not recommend such a diet.
We who have to live with the condition day to day, have tried it and found it works for many of us. The difficulty of finding suitable breads makes it more complicated. There are a few crispbreads available which suit us, but eal bread would be so nice. We do have a recipe, which we can use to make our own, but it's not the same as being able to buy it with our groceries.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Good letter Hanadr.It would be so good if we could buy low carb bread.I miss toast.

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Nice one, hanadr.
I wrote to Jonathon Warburton tonight offering him my recipe for low carbohydrate bread (ok, I had to call it low GI, just to catch the zeitgeist). Many thanks to chocoholic for tracking down the email address.
Oh, by the way, it makes brilliant toast, Sue!

All the best,

fergus

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Mmm toast.Do you have to have a bread maker to make it ,Fergus?

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
No, Sue. I make it by hand as it doesn't really require any kneading. I don't have a bread machine, but chocaholic had a go at using one for the recipe without much success.

All the best,

fergus

Graham55

Hi,
Good idear might also be an idear to say that its not just a few loaves it could be 2 million, oh that sounds like profit.
I know we might be spread arround the country but supply could be worked out by a e-mail campain as to how many and where or even pre orders.
T2 since last September.

Graham55

Hi,
I have read an artical just the other day about trials with oats to make a bread, Maybe this is someone who has seen a whole in the market.
Just think £1.00 for a loaf and two million of us, mmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder what that adds up to per day.
T2 Since last September. :D

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Count me in in Warburtons do produce this bread. Most breads are tasteless so I don't eat all that much bread latley. :cry:

Blackadder

Nimble and weightwatchers bread has only 8.1g per Slice, is this still too much?

I have a bread machine and my wife makes bread in it and uses minimal sugar but I have no idea how to work the actual carb value out. It's lovely to set it on timer and wake up to the smell of fresh bread in the morning.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
To work out carbs in home made bread:
Weigh your ingredients and record the total carbs.
When the bread is baked, weigh the loaf. it contains the carbs you put in the mix. You can now work out the percentage of carbs in the loaf. It's weight of carbs, divided by weight of loaf multiplied by 100. Each time you cut a slice, weigh it and multiply that weight by the percentage. That's the carbs in the slice. If you're like me, you'll round eveything and do it in your head, but you could just leave a calculator buy the scales.