Libre 2 adhesion

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone know whether Abbott have changed the adhesive on the Libre 2 sensors?

While I’ve never had an issue removing sensors (originals or Libre 2), recently they seem to be dropping off early - have had 3 of the last 4 sensors replaced because they fell off early and the current one is working very loose with a full 8 days to go.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been using Libre 2 since the start of the year and not noticed a difference with their adhesion.
As always, I make sure my arm is dry and unmoisturised and attach the sensor to a flat area.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I never had a problem with the libre 1s sticking, but I have had some problems with libre 2s. You probably already do this, but I find if I use something to go around the libre pressing the adhesive bit down when I apply it, that does help. I usually use a plastic card (unused shop loyalty card or similar, no germs please) but I've seen a spoon being used.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

No issue to report here. Mine sticks well past it's purpose?

I tend to exfoliate the site area, dry then wipe with alcohol & allow to dry. (or force it with a hair dryer.)
It's an old trick i used with "3M tape" for automotive use if fitting something to the trim during the winter?

Reactions: Goonergal