LIBRE 2 PROBLEMS

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As I said in an earlier post have just started using Libre 2 after being on Libre1 for quite while I guess I was lucky to get mine changed over early (very late Dec)

& as good as it is with its alarms

Sounding on phone if I go low or high I really miss my xdrip+ & its settings.
like the alarm to warn you if you’re going low so you have time to do something & yes you can set the low alarm to go off at a higher level in libre 2 but.

I really miss xdrip+ and cannot get the libre 2 to work with it

Have got both Bubble & M M 2 but no joy nothing works

My xdrip (latest ver) sees the Bubble but gets no readings from it

If anyone has been self-funding with a Libre 2 & use xdrip+ could they reply to post & give me any info on how they set there’s up please

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tried patching the LibreLink app on your phone and configuring xDrip to take the readings direct from there without the need fro Miaomiao or Bubble?

I have not been lucky enough to see or hold a Libre 2 yet but this is the route I intend to take.

If you join the xDrip facebook group, you will find some very helpful people and instructions to direct you.
I think your chance of getting help on a dedicated xDrip group is more than a generic diabetes forum.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As I said in an earlier post have just started using Libre 2 after being on Libre1 for quite while I guess I was lucky to get mine changed over early (very late Dec)

& as good as it is with its alarms

Sounding on phone if I go low or high I really miss my xdrip+ & its settings.
like the alarm to warn you if you’re going low so you have time to do something & yes you can set the low alarm to go off at a higher level in libre 2 but.

I really miss xdrip+ and cannot get the libre 2 to work with it

Have got both Bubble & M M 2 but no joy nothing works

My xdrip (latest ver) sees the Bubble but gets no readings from it

If anyone has been self-funding with a Libre 2 & use xdrip+ could they reply to post & give me any info on how they set there’s up please

Have you installed the oop2.apk patch?

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you installed the oop2.apk patch?

Did not try the patched app

Used a link and looked at it 4 or 5 times

But each time it looked way out of my league to get & set up my technical limit is to find the web page & download a apk file

If you know a link to a patched version of xdrip that is simple to get/set up I would to love to try it

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried patching the LibreLink app on your phone and configuring xDrip to take the readings direct from there without the need fro Miaomiao or Bubble?

I have not been lucky enough to see or hold a Libre 2 yet but this is the route I intend to take.

If you join the xDrip facebook group, you will find some very helpful people and instructions to direct you.
I think your chance of getting help on a dedicated xDrip group is more than a generic diabetes forum.

Have not tried that will look at patching into the LibreLink app

But did not think it would do this

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sorry was thinking of something else when wrote

"Have not tried that will look at patching into the LibreLink app

But did not think it would do this" as reply

To use the LibreLink app you need as far as know

A Patched app of xdrip+ to make it work
this is what jaylee was talking about

j@mez

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
no, u don't need a patched xdrip, just the patched librelink app... u do have 2 start the sensor with the patched librelink app tho so u have to wait until u apply a new sensor before u uninstall the current version and install the patched version

and like i said in my pm, i'd be willing to send it to you if patching it is a problem

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did not try the patched app

Used a link and looked at it 4 or 5 times

But each time it looked way out of my league to get & set up my technical limit is to find the web page & download a apk file

If you know a link to a patched version of xdrip that is simple to get/set up I would to love to try it

Hi @peat5961 ,

Trying to track down where i originally found the OOP2.apk from is like trying to find Lord Lucan.
But i found a boffin site with alot of waffle to transcribe? & a lead..
I'll PM you the link to the patch file that (hopefully.) should help with xDrip..

Hope this helps..

philip_john

no, u don't need a patched xdrip, just the patched librelink app... u do have 2 start the sensor with the patched librelink app tho so u have to wait until u apply a new sensor before u uninstall the current version and install the patched version

and like i said in my pm, i'd be willing to send it to you if patching it is a problem

Hi, I have been trying to patch libre 2 unsuccesfully. Any chance you could send me the patch apk? Thanks

j@mez

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
dhpw o hpmoA xdmx\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\==============================

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
dhpw o hpmoA xdmx\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\==============================
Oh, hello @j@mez' cat, nice to meet you! What's your name?

Last edited:

philip_john

Hey, thanks for the link, I'm not sure what this does? I'm looking to use the patched librelink app to connect my libre 2 to xdrip for Nightscout.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, thanks for the link, I'm not sure what this does? I'm looking to use the patched librelink app to connect my libre 2 to xdrip for Nightscout.

Hi,

I believe it to set the Libre 2 algorithm up to work direct with Xdrip.?
I have to admit, I still use the L1 (though the mark twos are available in my area now.)
I've downloaded it but haven't installed.. Don't see the point of fixing what isn't broke.. Yet.