Type 1.5 Libre 2

Pollyt1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone or anything fake
Just wondering what method everyone uses to monitor their Libre 2. Meter or mobile phone Libre 2 app?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use the Libre Link app.
I always carry my phone with me for work, navigation, email, and my pump. I would rather not carry the Libre reader too. I'd probably lose it anyway.

In addition, the reader needs to scan the sensor whereas the LibraLink app is automatically updated via Bluetooth.

Reactions: Pollyt1

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I second using the Libre Link app via phone, I have it on my iPhone

Reactions: Pollyt1

Pollyt1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone or anything fake
Have always use the meter reader but going forward going to try the LibreLink app! Thanks everyone for your input!

• Friendly
Reactions: Rachox

Greymalkin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've only used the LibreLink phone app, but I'd like to know if the basic data presented by the app on the phone, could be shown by a watch.

I try to run every day and my rather large phone is a pain to carry with me. The Libre monitor is likewise not a handy thing to hold.

Given that our phones can easily display the Libre sensor's data (despite not having been designed to), is there any reason why the display device needs to be any larger or more cumbersome than a wristwatch or stopwatch? I don't need the multi-function aspects - just real-time BG readings.