Libre 3 Sensitivity

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I've been using the Libre 3 now for 2.5 months. I notice extreme differences between the Libre3, Libre 2 and fingerpricks.

For example I woke up this morning and Libre3 was reporting I was at 168 mg/dl, I performed 3 finger pricks and they were 110, 102 , 98 mg/dl. If I had relied on the Libre 3, I would have injected a large bolus dose to bring me into range and ended up with a severe hypo.
My last HBA1C was 5.2 % on the Libre 3 it was indicating my predicted A1C was 5.9 %.

Is the libre 3 more sensitive or just wildly inaccurate ? I tried to ask Abbot but just get the usual robotic nonsensical response

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Unless there's anyone from Germany or European countries on here. You'll be lucky to get an answer. Libre3 is rarer than dinosaurs in the UK atm

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe ask on .org as there are a couple of folk with L3 knowledge over there.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had you just had a shower before testing?
I ask because I find the hot water causes my sensors to report false highs.

• Agree
Reactions: barrym

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree. Every morning when I shower I can get as much as a 4 point immediate spike followed by as steep a fall. All over and done inside 30 mins. Visible on my CGM software, but smoothed by Librelink graph. Trouble is an alarm can often sound encouraging a scan which can show a high that subsequently shows as a dot outside the graph.

The morale of the story is not to over react.

• Agree
Reactions: In Response

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Ok thanks. No this phenomenal happens at any time of the day. Particularly bad overnight. Yesterday I had a reading of 176 mg/dl and a finger prick indicated I was 110 mg/dl. That would have been an epic hypo if I had bolused for the libre 3 reading.

Reactions: Ipodlistener