Libre - how far out would you go before replacement?

gavin86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So have been getting some dodgy readings with my new sensor (only my second)....
Eg: sensor = 3.5, blood/strip = 5.5. This has been going for 72hrs.

At what point would you call it defective? My first sensor was great, always within 0.5.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So have been getting some dodgy readings with my new sensor (only my second)....
Eg: sensor = 3.5, blood/strip = 5.5. This has been going for 72hrs.

At what point would you call it defective? My first sensor was great, always within 0.5.
Is your BG trend flat on the Libre?

Try taking a finger prick reading, wait 15 minutes, then scan the Libre again and see if they match. Also, have you tried a different BG meter?

You can always give Abbott a ring and see what they say, their customer service are very helpful:)

Reactions: Struma
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine were all inaccurate so I "aimed off" and therefore made allowance for it. I did get a replacement for one of them. It mostly gave a red line across the bottom of the screen and was totally useless.

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If the sensor is more than 15% of the strip they will almost certainly replace it. I have found them all really good at replacing. Like you I have just had a sensor that has been within .1 or .2mmol of the test strip.

gavin86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hmm OK, I will monitor for another 24hrs then call I think.

It seems to have settled back to being about 1 to 1.5 mmol/L under... which when you're 15 is actually good, but I've been under 9 all week (go me!), so the accuracy still isn't there

It's not just the time lag, I did some testing regarding that. It's tracking up/down OK, not stuck. Just offset by a bit.

Itd be nice if we could calibrate them to a certain extent, but I guess Abbott want everything to be as simple as possible.
No doubt they will get it perfected soon enough, they're so close.