LIBRE: Time to Change the Sensor

P

Peter_Sylvester

[NOTE: This is an extract from an extended thread, entitled LIBRE: My Life with the Machine, which can be found here…]

LIBRE: All change..!

And so dear 1st sensor, you reached the end of your planned life this morning (aaah) - goodbye dear friend, you have served me well..!

You performed without complaint, and we have parted company without any bruises, irritations or leftover residue.

Thank you dear friend - you have opened my eyes to a wondrous new world of detail and timings, and I am already seeing the results of the changes we have discussed between us and agreed upon.

The King is Dead - Long Live the King...

And now I bid Welcome to No 1's lookalike, and you are pressed into action at 9:00 am this morning.
You have spent the last 48 hours attached to my right arm, whilst your colleague completed their job on my other arm.
And I have to say that I have hardly noticed you are there..!

You are now slightly higher up, away from the glare of peeking out below my short sleeve shirt. And we both seem to like it better. You have settled in well.

Having given you a 48 hour acclimatisation period, I asked you to spring into life at 9:00 am, and, as promised, you delivered your 1st reading to add to my collection at 10:01 am.

I am impressed with your efficiency my friend - thank you, and I look forward to our productive attachment over the next 14 days.

Let's do this..!
Peter

tubamanandy

I'm 1 week into my very first week with the Libre - no trouble or hassle with it whatsover and as far as I am concerned its a brilliantly useful piece of kit.

The information I've gleaned from it has been immeasurable for me - I now know the food groups that seem to cause me spikes and big spikes. I'm planning to try many different types of foods in the second week in the hope that I have enough information that I need by the end of 2 weeks.

Potatoes and dark chocolate are really not good for me and I now intend to scrutinise food labels before purchasing in future - so many hidden carbs/sugar. Lidl High Protein rolls have been an inspiration for me.

Been caught out the odd time with trying a piece of pizza - not a massive rise after 1 & 2 hrs but hour 3 & 4 went through the roof.

Thoroughly recommend the system.