LIBRE: What is in the Starter Pack..?

P

Peter_Sylvester

[NOTE: This is an extract from an extended thread, entitled LIBRE: My Life with the Machine, which can be found here…]

What is in the Starter Pack...?
My Starter Pack arrived directly from Abbott the day after ordering.
It contained:
1 x Reader.
2 x Sensor Packs.
4383cc5624dc01eea5eee4fcb1a3fbec.jpg

The Reader
The reader is a small black gizmo, which is about half the size of an i-phone 6.
It is re-chargeable with USB connected to a standard micro-charger connector.
The instructions say to charge it for 2 hours before use, but mine worked straight out of the box.
It is less-than-wallet sized, and fits comfortably in the front pocket of my jeans.
e6bdecaf91e2e99b343123da5d76dffc.jpg

The Sensor Pack(s)
I received 2 separate boxes, containing the 2 sensors which come as part of the Starter Pack.
Each sensor box comes in two sealed plastic "cups", which, when you unseal them, you push together to insert the (very small) needle into the applicator part.
You need to use the medicated wipes (included) to clean the area where you intend to apply the sensor, then press firmly to secure the sensor in place. It says to secure the sensor to the back of your upper arm.
From my research on the web, I recommend holding it in place for around 60 secs, to ensure it fixed. However, I didn't, and mine has still remained firmly fixed after now 7 days.
Each sensor lasts 2 weeks, and the reader gives you a "countdown" to how many days the sensor has left in it.

Getting Started
The instructions say to wait 24 hours to allow the sensor to "settle" - however, (like most people I guess), I took my 1st reading as soon as the sensor had gathered enough "data", which I think was about 1 hour.
I think what it means is that the accuracy of the readings may take 24 hours to "settle", but I didn't read it right in my enthusiasm to get going.

So there I have it...
Easy delivery, easy to figure out, easy (and painless) to fit, so now all I have to do is use it..!