Life insurance for diabetics?

RichardFromHampshire

I find myself needing approximately £90k worth of life insurance (level term assurance) for 10 years. Can anyone recommend any insurers/brokers you have personal experience of - please, I'm not after suggestions like "Have you checked Google?".

Many thanks.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You have a pm Richard.

Nigel

RichardFromHampshire

Thanks Nigel :)

I have found that being a diabetic, I can't seem to use the major comparison sites (not complaining - I fully understand the reasons why). Hence I have approached 4 brokers to see what they come back with. Now that I'm older, I suspect the costs will be even more substantial than when i first looked 5 years ago! C'est la vie!

Richard

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Level term assurance is possible, but have not found one that ever offers critical illness cover.....

Costs can vary enormously. Various diabetic websites and offices can help to give advice. Mine was done through comapny called Homeowners Friendly Society, as this was the cheapest at the time 10 years ago. (This may be blocked, as rules of website).

Diabetes does not prevent you from getting Life Term Insurance, but may make it more expensive. The only advice I can really give is: Buy NOW for the future, as the older you get, the more expensive it will get (diabetic or non diabetic), be honest and declare if you smoke etc.
Any ommisions can invalidate insurance should a claim be necessary......

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Depending on age i believe that (A concern)
(g)
(e) are very reasonble as my mum in law use them no medical also. :D JK :D