Life Insurance

Rachaub1

We're looking into life insurance and we think we can afford working on the quotes we've had so far but so far no one has asked us about diabetes. When we apply, is it likely to hike up the price when they know that hubby is diabetic. If so who do people recommend for the best, reasonably priced policy? Tia Rach

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why don't you call one of the companies you have a quote from (I presume they are online) and ask them?
If the premium stays the same then you'll know.
I don't have any so can't help on who is best.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Life Insurance premiums will vary greatly depending on the underwriter and their preferences.

There will be no "Best Buy" and you will need to shop around and find the best cover/price for your own particular circumstances.

If you have acceptable quotes as @bulkbiker suggests it would be a sensible idea to contact them directly and confirm your eligibility based on your particular circumstances.

Dave4jackie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been turned down for life insurance by legal and general because I have type 2 diabetes and gout does anybody know why? They would have just charged me a premium but the gout makes me uninsurable it seems