Type 1 Life insurance

davidM1996

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone,

Me and my partner are currently in the process of buying our first home, which means we need to get life insurance. My partner can get insured no problem at a relatively low cost but with me added on that policy our premium shoots up a considerable amount, or I just cant get insured. Has anyone had any experience with this? Any tips, or any recommendations of insurers?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone,

Me and my partner are currently in the process of buying our first home, which means we need to get life insurance. My partner can get insured no problem at a relatively low cost but with me added on that policy our premium shoots up a considerable amount, or I just cant get insured. Has anyone had any experience with this? Any tips, or any recommendations of insurers?
Hi there David - How long have you been living with diabetes, and how is your control? Do have any complications or other medical conditions?

All those things can impact to a greater or lesser extent.

This site has a relationship with a financial services firm, with experience of helping those living with the condition. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetic-life-insurance.html