1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Linagliptin - tiredness

Discussion in 'Other Diabetic Medications' started by Rosieroo, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Type 2 · Active Member

I started taking linagliptin about 6 weeks ago. I have started to notice that I get extremely tired by bedtime , while I do have a long day and a baby to look after and work which would naturally make very tired, I'm noticing it's more like I'm knock out and a bit drugged up tired.

I am also on metformin which I've been on for way over a year with no problems at all so I don't think it is that.

I'm wondering if it's the linagliptin and wondered if anyone has experienced the same sort of tiredness

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Liam1955

Liam1955 Type 2 · Expert

Hello @Rosieroo - One of the side effects of Linagliptin is unusual tiredness and fatigue.
    Read the accompanying leaflet that came with the drug and you will see a list of side effects.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook