Liver Dump - Q for xyzzy mainly

Magill

Dislikes
Some of the "candidates" in the Apprentice - I would never have employed some of the nasty individuals that pop up as potential employees in this show. If they are the best on offer then heaven help us!
I did post this earlier but the thread is one which had been removed due to the Troll. In the thread on Liver Dumps xyzzy mentioned having a "turn" this morning and I asked what exactly happened? Reason for asking was I have had a number of "turns" in the past. We eliminated the medication as the cause some time ago. I knew certain foods brought on a "turn" so I simply did not eat them any more.

Currenly, I have switched to a lower low carb diet which has started my weight reducing again as well as getting my BG back under control after a prolonged period of illnesses one after the other. I have been having 30g to a maximum of 60g daily. This afternoon I had a "turn". I felt dizzy, faint and very queasy. I already have permanent cramp, numbness and pins and needles in both legs due to extensive nerve damage following a road traffic accident a few years ago. However, I got cramp on top of my "normal" cramp as well - not pleasant :sick: I also felt as if my ears needed to "pop". First thing I did was check
my BG and it was at 7.4. It does concern me when I have these "turns" but to be honest today's incident I put down to a Liver Dump as I was distracted and hadn't eaten on time. In fact all I had had was a couple of oatcakes with mushroom pate early in the morning and I'd only been drinking water all day. I got another couple of pints of water down and had some almonds and a bit cooked chicken, lay down for 30 mins and soon felt better but still not 100%. Checked BG 1 hour on and it had dropped to 6.4 as I expected.
I should add this is not my normal eating pattern. I am usually very careful and eat at regular intervals. I just wondered did
xyzzy's "turn" have the same symptoms? A liver dump does seem the logical reason ?

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Hi Magill

I have made an appointment with my gp about this. As Phoenix and others correctly pointed out in the "Cramp" thread this morning I shouldn't assume what caused it so I'm taking her and their excellent advice. It sounds like you had a similar experience to me so I think you should take the same advice and see your gp as well if it's worrying you. Others today have privately told me a similar thing may be caused by low blood pressure. As I take Ramaprill for BP then that has also entered the mix as my BP has been steadily improving over the last month so I may now need to take less. Another reason to go see the doc.

Good luck and I'm sorry for being a bit evasive but I'm sure you can understand why given today's ridiculous events.

Magill

Dislikes
Some of the "candidates" in the Apprentice - I would never have employed some of the nasty individuals that pop up as potential employees in this show. If they are the best on offer then heaven help us!
Hi xyzzy

This has happened to me a few times and it has been investigated before but we still have not found a common cause. When it first happened 1st thing the doc checked was my meds to make sure I was not having an adverse reaction but that was eliminated as a cause.

Next thing I noticed was it would happen if I ate something I shouldn't. Normally I am very good but just every so often it gets to you (having said that being ill for a day quickly reminds me why I can't eat it and it puts me off for quite a while afterwards :mrgreen: ). I also noticed that I am prone to these "turns" when some kind of bug is about to hit me (which has been a lot in the last 6 months).

Next thing the doc tried was a complete blood panel but that drew a blank too. They also did the prone to standing BP test and although my BP was dropping on standing it wasn't enough to be responsible for the dizzy feeling. My BP is fine.

I have to make an appointment to go in for a 6 monthly MOT (as my GP calls it!) anyway but I am just thinking it is one of these things that will happen occasionally. I have made sure I got back on my normal eating/drinking pattern today and feel fine.

As I said yesterday I was just curious if you were having the same weird turn and it does sound similar. If your doc finds a reason can you let me know please as it is always another option to check. Meantime I will just go on avoiding what I know sparks it off.