Looking for a good consultant

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All
I am based in West Sussex and currently go to East Surrey Hospital for my diabetic clinic.

I have not seen a consultant since the start of covid.

I just cannot get an appointment at East Surrey. I called again and was told there is a waiting list.

I complained and was then given a telephone consultation for July.

I think I really need to change clinics. Anyone in Sussex / West Sussex got any recomendation?

Thanks

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Whilst I agree it is terrible that you have not seen a consultant for years, maybe it is worth considering why you want to see one.
For me, the main reason I attend my clinics is for my blood test results to ensure I am still on target and not having any complications emerging. My GP surgery will run these for me - I think it is beneficial to them financially to have my results on file.
You only mention not seeing a consultant. Do you see or have access to anyone else? For example, during the covid period, I had telephone appointments with my DSN and she is always responsive to emails if I have any questions. To be honest, I have seen/spoken to my consultant once in the last 3 years and most of it me was explaining to him how my pump works.
Coincidentally, Diabetes Uk are running a campaign to lobby parliament to ensure we all have access to diabetes care. It may be helpful for you to contact them,

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
If you want some urgent Consultant advice and info then keep pressing through a different route? Maybe if you asked your GP to contact East Surrey to arrange an appointment with a Consultant you’d have more luck getting one. I believe there’s a direct line and more likelihood of a result if the request is made from within the medical hub.