flowerpower13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

I am due a pump upgrade and my nurse wants to put me forward for a hybrid closed-loop system. I am 90% sure I want to go with the Ypsomed pump with CamAPS FX for my next pump.

The funding for this would include:
- the insulin pump
- the consumables e.g. infusion sets
- the CamAPS subscription.

However, the cost of sensors may be an issue as I am on the FreestyleLibre 2 and the loop system requires either Dexcom G6 or Freestyle Libre 3.
I am meeting with my nurse to discuss this a little more as I may need to self-fund sensors until the new NICE guidelines have been finalised.

1) Please can you advise me on how much each sensor would cost me (to self fund) vs the cost to the NHS (if they fund it).
2) Who is eligible for CGM like Dexcom G6 or Freestyle Libre 3? What criteria do you have to meet to be offered its type of sensor?

I may change my mind on the pump based on the sensor situation but I need more information and there is so much info out there, I don't know where to start, so I thought lets ask in this forum :))

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A quick use of Google was able to provide answers
1) Please can you advise me on how much each sensor would cost me (to self fund) vs the cost to the NHS (if they fund it).
The Dexcom G6 is available to buy from Dexcom
2) Who is eligible for CGM like Dexcom G6 or Freestyle Libre 3? What criteria do you have to meet to be offered its type of sensor?
This is described in the NICE guidelines (search for "Continuous Glucose Monitoring" on this page)