Losing my psv licence

Wack1960

On Saturday the 7 July I found out the dvla had taken my psv licence of me. Because they say I'm not doing my twice Dailey checks. I have been told by my doctor don't do them that often. So now in on the club for twenty six weeks wot a bummer?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Wack1960 said:
On Saturday the 7 July I found out the dvla had taken my psv licence of me. Because they say I'm not doing my twice Dailey checks. I have been told by my doctor don't do them that often. So now in on the club for twenty six weeks wot a bummer?

You need to show your GP the relevent info from the DVLA. It is law that you must test. As you know you must test then it's down to you really.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
You have to test twice a day regardless of what your dr says.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wack1960 said:

How do they know you are not doing them? Did you tell them?
When I first filled in the old medical form for notifying them I was type 2 on tablets for my PSV/HGV licence I ticked the form to say I was testing twice a day as I was on Gliclazide and had to test therefore.
They sent me a letter stating that my licence would be revoked if I didn't agree to test twice a day and during long periods of driving!! So I rang them and said I HAD ticked to say I was testing and I had since come off the Glic so they apologised and amended my records and said all was okay.
Last week I went back on the Glic and have had to fill in another form for them (although it gives no space on it to show what medication you are going onto so what the point is remains to be seen....I guess they will then write and ask what I am taking now!!)
Fortunately I get my strips on prescription as my Nurse knows I'm a driver and have to test, but the Doctor still said I should only test twice a week!! If I run out of strips I buy my own to supplement my quota so they don't refuse them.
Hope you get it sorted.
Regards
Angie