Loving Relatives, Darling Daughters/Sons, and Fab Friends of Diabetics!

lizzibuzz

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you an LRoD, DDoD, DSoD or FFoD?
If so, this is the forum for you! As a DDoD (Darling Daughter of Diabetic) I am intrigued to hear your anecdotes and tips/tricks on life with a loved one with diabetes.

I'll set the ball rolling; I'm Liz, my mum has been T2 as long as I can remember, and we share a birthday. I was introduced to her life with T2 when I was little and she was only on tablets, as every week she would let me sort her tablets into one of those Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc. boxes. She is now on insulin and BP tablets and most of the time it makes sense to me but sometimes…

...sometimes I don't know what to do, or what's going on. Sometimes people say thoughtless or stupid or callous things when they find out my mum has diabetes. And sometimes it would be great to chat to others who are in the same boat, and generally share our experiences :)

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Liz,:)
Hope you find lots of friends on this forum that are in the same boat as you.
Looks as if your the best daughter a mother could have.
As you say some people are thoughtless, however things usually backfire in their face when you give them a good reply.
I am one of the stupid clan yet not thoughtless I hope.
Have a great day and look after your mum.:):)

RLightning

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Liz! I am DSoD .
My father is a type 1 diabetic and so are my grandparents.
Although only my grandparents take insulin. Every time we have to put sugar in the food we cook we use splenda sweetener instead of the usual sugar. Lately I also have been showing some symptoms of diabetes too . So i think that makes us a diabetic family. :woot: