Low carb high fat really works

GeorgiyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone, as was suggested in a different thread, I have copied a post of mine here so that people who are wondering about diabetes and if it can be reversed may see it (as they might not look in the diabetes 2 threads.)

I have just had my latest blood results back.
I was diagnosed diabetic late November last year, with sugars well over 70. After the initial shock, and increasing medications over the last couple of months, today it has all paid off.
I switched to a low carb high fat diet and today I got the results from the doctor that the blood sugar level was 38. (And this was despite going in for the test on Easter Tuesday after a couple of days of chocolate, Easter bread and paskha - a rich cheesecake like confection.)
The doctor is pleased, my medication is reduced and so I guess I just maintain the LCHF diet from now on. I am really thrilled as I had been really distressed by the diagnosis of diabetes.

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @GeorgiyH ..
Well done and many congrats on your excellent results .. a role model for us all :):)

Reactions: GeorgiyH

GeorgiyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks AM1874 - perhaps I will be a role model if I maintain and/or improve on this. I've reversed the diabetes - now I need to make sure I keep it at bay. Presume I am right in thinking that I am predisposed to it and if I go back to old eating habits it will come back.

Reactions: TallLeeds

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks AM1874 - perhaps I will be a role model if I maintain and/or improve on this. I've reversed the diabetes - now I need to make sure I keep it at bay. Presume I am right in thinking that I am predisposed to it and if I go back to old eating habits it will come back.

Yep.. so now you have to eat yummy food for life..and keep away from carbage...!

Reactions: TallLeeds