1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Low carb training

Discussion in 'Fitness, Exercise and Sport' started by Alexandra100, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Other · Well-Known Member

2. Iowaboy

Iowaboy · Member

Interesting article, thanks for sharing!
    Coincidently, I do exercise after dinner (because that's the only time I have), but I don't do the fasting work out in the AM. No time in the day for both!

3. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The "go to" book on Low Carb Training is "The Art and Science of Low Carb Performance".

Most so called research is not valid as they don't have people being low carb for long enough, and for all meals, before doing the proformance tests. We all know that it takes times for our bodies to get used to low carb....... Being low carb on training days before the taining, but high carb at other times, will not work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alexandra100

Could you check for me if that is the exact title? I've searched for it on Amazon UK but found nothing.

PS Sorry, just found it - Amazon didn't understand that carb is short for carbohydrate.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. ringi

Google does, therefore to find a book on Amazon, search on google for "Amazon The Art and Science of Low Carb Performance" and it will find it even if your spelling is as bad as mine.

6. Alexandra100

No, actually you have to get the spelling perfect or Amazon denies all knowledge of the book.

7. Alexandra100

It wouldn't work for me either, as I always exercise in the morning. I'm always feeling too tired by the end of the day. And I don't think I could muster even a slow run fasting.

8. ringi

Remember it takes at least two weeks for our bodies to get used to "running on fat". So you can tell nothing from a single attempt at running while fasting.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook