low carb weight loss stopped

sweaty betty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello there - hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction!

I've been doing a low carb diet for 7 months now, but haven't lost any weight since Christmas. I've plateaued before, but only for upto 6 weeks, and I'm getting a bit frustrated now.

I mainly eat meat, cheese, green veg, cream, the occasional portion of peanut butter, eggs, etc so very little carbs that could be causing problems. Do you think I could be eating too much fat? Is there anything I could limit or start eating more of to kick-start my weight loss again?

The plus side is that my BG is great - so much so that I only really need to inject at night now, rather than at mealtimes - so I'm very happy about that. But I do need to lose another 3 stone or so to get down to a normal BMI and it's just not happening at the moment!

Can anyone give me some advice on this?

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't advise as I have much same problem so would also be interested in replies from others.

I have put on and then lost the same 2lbs every alternate week since Christmas :(

sweetLea

What portion sizes are you having and are you drinking enough water? I always found that cheese stalled me and I had to drop dairy completely while I lost weight.
Are you using coconut oil? It boosts your energy and your metabolism so it helps a lot.
Hope this helps. :)

sweaty betty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks! I've not tried coconut oil - do you use it for cooking instead of olive oil? It sounds promising :)

My portion sizes are OK, I think. I've noticed I'm needing less to feel full than I did when eating carbs. I'm a bit afraid that it might be a dairy issue - perhaps I'll have a week off dairy and see how I go...

jahusba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having to cut carbs
I have a spoonful of coconut oil in my morning creamy coffee. It tastes ok and I'm not even keen on the flavour of coconut

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
sweetLea said:
I always found that cheese stalled me

Yes I found that. Given up some of the mouse tendencies I had developed and have replaced some cheese & celery with peanut butter on burgen. Seem to have started dropping again but probably just jinxed myself by saying it.