RoDnEyBoY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Towie type people
Hello

I’ve been in a Medtronic 789G pump for nearly a year all was going realitivly well good hba1c 6% etc. I have put on some weight due to bad choices in life. I’m trying to turn the situation round and thought I’d have a go at low carbing as I’ve read some good reports on it however the first 4 days was excellent 100% in target range 4 days in a row. But now it seems to be a total mess it’s like m constantly high I’m blousing for tye low carb choices but sometime my bg just spikes even if I haven’t eaten the setting don’t seem to be able to keep me in range at all.

Any ideas I’ve read about liver dump being a cause so was thinking should I introduce some extra carbs to stop this.

It seems I can either have good bg control or a good weight losss diet but I need both.

Any help would be great fully received
Thank you.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'd been lowish carbing for a few years but recently moved to vertually zero carbs, 5-10 per meal and two meals per day. I did notice after a few weeks I got bouncing BG's and rises for no reason but after a week or two so this settled down again. I've cut out all processed foods plus wheat grain and root vegetables too, moving to mostly keto based. I've never really managed to loose weight as an IDD for over 50+ yrs, this new food regime really works and I'm loosing about 0.7kg each week.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'd been lowish carbing for a few years but recently moved to vertually zero carbs, 5-10 per meal and two meals per day. I did notice after a few weeks I got bouncing BG's and rises for no reason but after a week or two so this settled down again. I've cut out all processed foods plus wheat grain and root vegetables too, moving to mostly keto based. I've never really managed to loose weight as an IDD for over 50+ yrs, this new food regime really works and I'm loosing about 0.7kg each week.
If anyone is interested my GP's practice has been funding a number of sessions of low carb cooking courses (each over 4 weeks) with Fresh Kitchen Cookery School https://www.facebook.com/freshkitchCS these have been very useful.

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
Hello

I’ve been in a Medtronic 789G pump for nearly a year all was going realitivly well good hba1c 6% etc. I have put on some weight due to bad choices in life. I’m trying to turn the situation round and thought I’d have a go at low carbing as I’ve read some good reports on it however the first 4 days was excellent 100% in target range 4 days in a row. But now it seems to be a total mess it’s like m constantly high I’m blousing for tye low carb choices but sometime my bg just spikes even if I haven’t eaten the setting don’t seem to be able to keep me in range at all.

Any ideas I’ve read about liver dump being a cause so was thinking should I introduce some extra carbs to stop this.

It seems I can either have good bg control or a good weight losss diet but I need both.

Any help would be great fully received
Thank you.
If you're low carbing after a while your body starts turning what it is receiving into sugar so your body can function. This is why in other countries they teach how to bolus for protein. You need to experiment as to how much your body needs also bear in mind some veg does have a little carb you need to calculate. Hth- i lost 2 1/2 stones on low carb with much more reliable readings. When I reintroduced bits of carbs I had to increase carb ratios as my body was more sensitised to it. I'm not sure how low carb you're going but some are quite hard on your body and can have other impacts. 20-30g carb a day seemed to avoid most of these but you need to check.

• Agree
Reactions: In Response