Low or High

katrinazammit

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday while I was shopping with my husband, I felt very tired and weak, felt like I was going to faint. eventually I threw up. someone told me my blood sugar might be low. at the moment my glucose monitor is broken. At the moment I still feel a bit weak. Also 3 days ago i was coming and going to the bathroom quite often. I take my medication as I'm suppose to so Im still confused as I dont know what happened, if it was high or low blood sugar.

Can anyone of you help me out please? do you know these symptoms?

Last edited by a moderator:

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It would be almost impossible to say for certain if you can't actually test your BG - and only you know what and when you last ate etc. and what BG would be usual for you in those circumstances.

In the early days of me being diabetic, I got pretty much those same symptoms if I was hypo or if my BG went above about 10. As the years passed and I found it progressively harder to keep my BG under control, my body simply got used to the high readings and even when I was in the upper 20s earlier this year, I didn't feel that much.

It could simply be a bug - and if you get a bug, your BG may well get significantly elevated over what you'd expect - and if you're getting over a bug and it is being cleared by your liver, that too can leave you washed out, even if you weren't aware that you'd had a bug.

You really need to test to know for certain - all anyone else can do is offer generalisations.

Reactions: 2 people

katrinazammit

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It would be almost impossible to say for certain if you can't actually test your BG - and only you know what and when you last ate etc. and what BG would be usual for you in those circumstances.

In the early days of me being diabetic, I got pretty much those same symptoms if I was hypo or if my BG went above about 10. As the years passed and I found it progressively harder to keep my BG under control, my body simply got used to the high readings and even when I was in the upper 20s earlier this year, I didn't feel that much.

It could simply be a bug - and if you get a bug, your BG may well get significantly elevated over what you'd expect - and if you're getting over a bug and it is being cleared by your liver, that too can leave you washed out, even if you weren't aware that you'd had a bug.

You really need to test to know for certain - all anyone else can do is offer generalisations.

thanks for your help. ill be checking my BG later on today. fingers crossed its gonna be a good reading!.

Thanks you x