lowered HbA1c to 63

Lesley56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to see DN today for blood test results, since last visit, 3 month HbA1c has lowered from 75 to 63, was over 100 at the end of last year, when I was in a bad place, still a long way to go but am back on track at last, must be a good result because the nurse was actually pleased with something I'd done rather than giving me the usual lecture

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Congratulations @Lesley56. Been in the same places as you on a few occasions. Top result AND going in the right direction. It's good when a member of your care team actually give you compliments and care for you :)

Reactions: Toblerone22

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Went to see DN today for blood test results, since last visit, 3 month HbA1c has lowered from 75 to 63, was over 100 at the end of last year, when I was in a bad place, still a long way to go but am back on track at last, must be a good result because the nurse was actually pleased with something I'd done rather than giving me the usual lecture
Result... excellent job. Well done!

daisy14

That's a good result, well done! I get the results of my annual HbA1c check tomorrow so fingers crossed

Reactions: Runica

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations good results keep doing what you’re doing it’s clearly taking you in the right direction. Well done

Reactions: Toblerone22

Gork

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I went from 9.2 a year ago to 8.4 after taking my injections properly. I then developed an app that reminds me to take the dose, accepts the meter reading and tells me how much insulin to take. Shortly after running that for a month, my A1C went to 7.6 and is now, 6 months later, 6.2 in the latest test.

This had nothing to do with diet and exercise.
Granted, that is the next step but just the same, it was all in proper use of insulin,

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Congratulations! Keep up that sterling effort, you're doing a smashing job.

Mauser792

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Idiots

Mauser792

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Idiots
Hi Lesley
Very well done , its not easy, especially when external influences make it tough.
Keep up the good work, but don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back.

sarahjb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my results last week - have gone down from 83 to 62. I'm so pleased! Feeling chuffed with myself as I've been trying so hard to walk 10,000 steps every day. Congratulations to you too!