Lowering blood sugar

dwelldon

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had really bad stomach cramps for past few nights, not sleeping well. Got up bloods were 11, only had some chicken night before bloods were 5.5.

Why would they be so high, is that lack of sleep?

Also did 30 mins on excercise bike,came down to 6.5

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some illnesses cause our blood glucose to go haywire. Colds, flu, infections, food poisoning. Sometimes the medications we take for them do the same - steroids and antibiotics, and others. Lack of sleep is definitely a factor for some of us, including me.

I had food poisoning a couple of years ago and my blood glucose was skipping around like a stone skimming a pond.

Unfortunately, there is very little we can do except be gentle with ourselves, keep on top of our chosen way of eating, and monitor them. And seek medical attention if they go too high, of course.

dwelldon

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks appreciate,yous and everyone else response. Always good to get others take on things.

I'm hoping my blood sugar will calm down

Reactions: Brunneria

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have found in the past that sometimes my erratic and unexplained blood sugars come before the symptoms of my Flu - cold etc. you just have to stick to your eating regime but if it keeps on without any outward sign of illness have your doctor check you out just in case its a warning of something else

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
And sometimes your just having one of those days.