Lowering HBA1C

Lizzeeee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am T2 on insulin. I take Levemir twice a day and Novorapid when I eat. My HBA1C is 50 /6.7. I am in range around 90% of time. My diabetic dietician is delighted, but I would like to be a bit lower. Is this a good idea? How do I do it? Do I take more Levemir or up my ratio of Novorapid? Any advice appreciated please.

Reactions: JudyfromAustralia

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am T2 on insulin. I take Levemir twice a day and Novorapid when I eat. My HBA1C is 50 /6.7. I am in range around 90% of time. My diabetic dietician is delighted, but I would like to be a bit lower. Is this a good idea? How do I do it? Do I take more Levemir or up my ratio of Novorapid? Any advice appreciated please.
If you say you're in range 90% of the time I think you're using a CGM, is that right?
Can you find any patterns in when you're on the higher side? Is it after food, or maybe only after certain meals? After waking up? At night? Or just at seemingly random times?

If you can find patterns you may be able to find causes, and that's where something can be tweaked.
Have you done any basal testing to see if your Levemir keeps you more or less level without food?

Lizzeeee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I am higher in the morning and in the evening. Definitely notice a connection with that. I am trying not to eat my evening meal late as that makes me higher in the morning. No basal testing yet. Thanks