Lyxumia 20 microgram pen

davemufc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is anyone out there using the luxuriate 20 microgram pen,if so how is it going.

Saltyseas

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I started on the 10 microgram and moved onto the 20 without any problems - brought FBGs down slightly. Very easy to use, only thing was eating in time within the window after the injection was a bit of a pain as I injected in the morning before work. By the way I noted that Jason Fung recommends this category of medication, as well as metformin.

My doctor recommended that I stop using Lyxumia when I started the Newcastle Diet earlier this year. So only ended up using it for about 8 months.

davemufc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started on the 10 microgram and moved onto the 20 without any problems - brought FBGs down slightly. Very easy to use, only thing was eating in time within the window after the injection was a bit of a pain as I injected in the morning before work. By the way I noted that Jason Fung recommends this category of medication, as well as metformin.

My doctor recommended that I stop using Lyxumia when I started the Newcastle Diet earlier this year. So only ended up using it for about 8 months.
I am the same noticed that my appetite is better,not as hungry are they saying that you must eat within the hour after injecting,no side effects at moment

davemufc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am the same just started 20 micros and seem OK at present,just struggling with the time to eat after injecting

Dixiechick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Started on 10mcg about 8 months ago and had a dreadful time with nausea and diarrhoea, but went up to the 20mcg and it took about 2-3 months to get settled. After that, I found that it stimulated my appetite instead of suppressing it (but nothing ever goes quite to plan with me!).
Going low carb recently has helped a lot as I'm just not as hungry as I was.

MDAVIES65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Been on this for just over 12 months, and so far no ill affects. It has also help me in loosing weight, along side a health diet and a daily 30 minute walk every day. Eating with in the 1 hour after doing the injection can be problematic some times but I have altered the way I now have my breakfast

davemufc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the replies about this pen,my Doc says that this is the way forward with diabetes,the only thing that puzzles me is the timing with the food.As i am retired i now have my main meal at lunchtime,so therefore i inject around 12 o clock.I also take 2 x metformin slow release tablets during the day,i have noticed that i seem to be less hungry,having only just changed from the 10 to the 20mcg in the last few days have not seen any significant change in my sugar levels as against the 10mcg.

MDAVIES65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I take mine with my breakfast as that is more convenient for me with work etc. When I first start the injection my bg's were around the 9 mark. After about 3 months my bg's were down to the 5's and have been ever since. I am also on Metformin 3 times a day and gliclazide 3 times daily. When I first started the injection I did have a couple of low 3's, but after speaking to my DN we alter the timing of my oral meds and I have been fine since.

davemufc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That sounds good,the only question I cannot get answered is about the timing of my metformin,as they are slow release there is a debate about the best time to take them,I am currently taking one in the morning and one at night,I assume that the injection will take a while to get into the system,I am pessimistic about it all but prepared to give it a try.

MDAVIES65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I take my Metformin at breakfast, lunch and teatime. I do my injection at breakfast time(before I have breakfast). I have found no issues with this timing so far.

mazumba3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Helo, i have been a diabetic for twelve years (type 2) and six months ago my GP decided it was time for me to go on insulin along with this Lyxumia. I take an hour before my evening meal when my sugar levels are 10+, within two hours I am shaking and my BS is down to 3.3 - 4.0. I have stopped taking this as it makes me feel so unwell with dissyness and extreme headaches . I am now on a LCHF way of life and my BP (120/65) and BS between 6 & 7 are good for me. So much for the Lyxumia !!

Last edited by a moderator:

davemufc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Helo, i have been a diabetic for twelve years (type 2) and six months ago my GP decided it was time for me to go on insulin along with this Lyxumia. I take an hour before me evening meal when my sugar levels are 10+, within two hours I am shaking and my BS is down to 3.3 - 4.0. I have stopped taking this as it makes me feel so unwell with sissyness and extreme headaches . I am now on a LCHF way of life and my BP (120/65) and BS between 6 & 7 are good for me. So much for the Lyxumia !!
Helo, i have been a diabetic for twelve years (type 2) and six months ago my GP decided it was time for me to go on insulin along with this Lyxumia. I take an hour before me evening meal when my sugar levels are 10+, within two hours I am shaking and my BS is down to 3.3 - 4.0. I have stopped taking this as it makes me feel so unwell with sissyness and extreme headaches . I am now on a LCHF way of life and my BP (120/65) and BS between 6 & 7 are good for me. So much for the Lyxumia !!
i am type 2 and have been for a similar time,i don't think my hba1c levels are that high,average about 8,but they want them lower so they are trying the pen,ok at moment but will see how it goes