Making the most of just 1 strip a day...

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
found this online. Advocates a method of getting the most info from just one strip a day by means of structured testing:

http://www.diabetesmine.com/2012/08...ttle-making-the-most-of-your-test-strips.html

Well it seems even the Americans are being restricted on the numbers of strips they get on their health plans...

Personally I consider this short sighted "cutting the cost now" thinking and failing to account for the costs of complications... but then again, those insurance plans would probably find some reason to drop you when you end up with the inevitable complications resulting from this short termist thinking.

Elc1112

If it wasn't for the fact that th DVLA stipulates that you have to test before EACH car journey then I might be able to get away with one test a day. It would be hard, but potentially doable. But, doing three car trips a day, it's just not possible!

Fraddycat

Thanks for the link Paul, I downloaded the 360 check tool from the Accucheck website and have been using it for the last two days. Results are really interesting (plotting them on a graph means you have a great visual aid.)

I had to convert the US numbers to UK numbers by dividing by 18. I'll find the direct link and post it it might be helpful for newbies or new LCHF people like me.