MCT oil

Drfarxan

Trying to get back into ketosis, a monh ago my ketones were around 0.8-2. We had holidays and i said screw it let me try a cake and my BS didn't even raise about 100 mg/dl after eating half a cake.

I started too confident and adding more carbs. With my sedentery life slowly my kilo went up and my ketone came to 0.

I want to get back to my keto diet decided to order MCT oil to help me get into ketosis. MCT oil in my coffee and OMAD.

My question is did any of you ever use MCT oil? how effective was it with your weight loss and did it help you get into ketosis?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Best way to up your ketones is to not eat.
Second best way to up your ketones eat protein and fat.
MCT oil just makes expensive wee.

Reactions: ianf0ster

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Personally, I’d rather just fast instead of just adding calories.

I went on vacation for the month of June. To Las Vegas and Denver. I ate pancakes, hamburgers and milkshakes pretty much the whole time.

Did like four 24 hour fasts separated by low calorie keto meals. Got back in range in two weeks. Most of the weight was water weight.

you’ll get there, just push hard and get it done

D

Deleted member 543160

AFAIK since carbs are used as fuel in preference to fats if you don't cut back down on them again until the point where your body needs to start using fats and producing ketones again, MCT oil without reducing carbs isn't going to work as a magic fix it.

yehonatan

Trying to get back into ketosis, a monh ago my ketones were around 0.8-2. We had holidays and i said screw it let me try a cake and my BS didn't even raise about 100 mg/dl after eating half a cake.

I started too confident and adding more carbs. With my sedentery life slowly my kilo went up and my ketone came to 0.

I want to get back to my keto diet decided to order MCT oil to help me get into ketosis. MCT oil in my coffee and OMAD.

My question is did any of you ever use MCT oil? how effective was it with your weight loss and did it help you get into ketosis?
Main thing is to lower your carbs. OMAD will be of great help in raising the ketones, but don't make that one meal have loads of carbs, because what you then are doing is binging, purging, binging, and so on. Keep the carbs low, and do OMAD, and you will get great benefits. I see no reason whatsoever why anyone needs to add carbs back. I personally use MCT powder, but it's not cheap, and it makes great coffees!

• Useful
Reactions: Drfarxan