Me andd my partner are planning on trying for a baby

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Omg bless him , wow he is tiny haha . His really sweet !! :angelic:

I didn't really know what it was all about at first but googled it so got a rough idea of what to expect , think it's like a guidance thing to help you be the best you can be l what your bms should be what you should be doing , make sure your bloods are up to date , maybe have to have bloods , as they thoroughly check everything . I've had mine done through my diabetes team . So I know that's all ok . It's really the next step and then they will sorta let you know when your ready , and go from there . But if you look it up on google will explain so much more .

Yeah I do find they work the best . I've got the raspberry ones at the moment . Grr want to throw them up there nasty hope the orange ones are better lol . I've been naughty I've been having crips after my hypos haha .

Brilliant readings though !! Yeah that's the worst feeling dehydrated !! Yeah I deffo get what you mean when you feel your dropping sounds mad to others , but I getcha lol !!

How strange both a bit meh partners were the ones more sure lol . Deffo sounds like you guys have a plan , it' makes all the difference though having the support From the men . That is so cute of him haha !! Wish mine could take that long off ! Be brilliant for you all the help he can give you aswell .
It's all so exciting , just hope I can carry the baby when it comes to it eeeek . The further I've got the more like wow I feel lol .

Really can not wait to hear from you after the 7th , wish it would hurry up for you haha .

:):):)
Ah I do love him hehe :) thank you.

Ahh yes I will definitely have read up on that! Thank you. I'm so excited of it all. I have been looking up the dafne course I was offered it when I was younger but it never interested me but now I'm getting back on track I think it will benefit me! I think I'll ask my doc on the 7th :)

Yes the orange ones are not too bad just really powdery! Oh I do love a bag of wotsits hehrhr

Yes felt better about my readings today! Which is always a positive :)

yes I know what you mean I constantly worry there are going to be complications etc etc

Ahh thanks I can't wait too!!!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha don't worry about it !! :p

That's a really good idea , as that's where you will learn how to carb count and how to change ratios about and what to do in certain situations .
Will deffo help during pregnancy .

Hmm might have to open the orange ones up pretty soon haha .

Yeah is a positive . I think you've done well getting it back on track and doing it all really well .

So much to think about :confused: .
I've just asked a question , as when I'm due in my bms go mental . Got told was to do with something in the pill . So what happens when I have to come off it , hope they don't muck up . :meh:

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha don't worry about it !! :p

That's a really good idea , as that's where you will learn how to carb count and how to change ratios about and what to do in certain situations .
Will deffo help during pregnancy .

Hmm might have to open the orange ones up pretty soon haha .

Yeah is a positive . I think you've done well getting it back on track and doing it all really well .

So much to think about :confused: .
I've just asked a question , as when I'm due in my bms go mental . Got told was to do with something in the pill . So what happens when I have to come off it , hope they don't muck up . :meh:

hello!! I haven't had a email back from the dafne course yet but will ask my diabetic nurse when I see her!

yes try the orange ones hahaha

can you imagine our bloods will be like when we get pregnant haha

how are you today? How have your bms been? Mine have been good today (or shall I say I'm happy with them) 4.8 but was just going to have my breakfast so was fine lunch I was 10 and dinner 5.8 :) so all I good I think? have you heard anything yet?

Xx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hello!! I haven't had a email back from the dafne course yet but will ask my diabetic nurse when I see her!

yes try the orange ones hahaha

can you imagine our bloods will be like when we get pregnant haha

how are you today? How have your bms been? Mine have been good today (or shall I say I'm happy with them) 4.8 but was just going to have my breakfast so was fine lunch I was 10 and dinner 5.8 :) so all I good I think? have you heard anything yet?

Xx

Heeeey one more day eeeek ;)

Arr , I haven't heard either , why is it they never seem to get back to anyone . I've rang again today and left my number again , but nothing , i can understand they are busy but I'm being impatient at the moment . I shall ring again tomorrow I want an appointment lol .
Is it your diabetic nurse your seeing on the 7th or your gp ? :)

Hmm lol that will be the task !! I've read that the first trimester it's likely yourll experience lows , then second and third your insulin requirements will rise . Think it will be a see what happens and change when need be . Be tricky one eh !! .

Your bms seem fab considering you said you had been high for a couple of days , I've got somewhere in the DAFNE book what they like your levels to be and in some leaflets I've got , think has also been said in a comment above . But shall see whats said once get an app . It's good that you are happy with yours today .

I've been good thank you , you ? My bms have been good I'm happy with mine also .
I've fount out by injecting breakfast and lunch 40 mins early with my novo doesn't send me into a spike , and about 20 mins with lunch .

7.3 6.6
3.9 ( classed as a good reading in pregnancy lol !! )
4.4 8.0
And just now 5.7

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heeeey one more day eeeek ;)

Arr , I haven't heard either , why is it they never seem to get back to anyone . I've rang again today and left my number again , but nothing , i can understand they are busy but I'm being impatient at the moment . I shall ring again tomorrow I want an appointment lol .
Is it your diabetic nurse your seeing on the 7th or your gp ? :)

Hmm lol that will be the task !! I've read that the first trimester it's likely yourll experience lows , then second and third your insulin requirements will rise . Think it will be a see what happens and change when need be . Be tricky one eh !! .

Your bms seem fab considering you said you had been high for a couple of days , I've got somewhere in the DAFNE book what they like your levels to be and in some leaflets I've got , think has also been said in a comment above . But shall see whats said once get an app . It's good that you are happy with yours today .

I've been good thank you , you ? My bms have been good I'm happy with mine also .
I've fount out by injecting breakfast and lunch 40 mins early with my novo doesn't send me into a spike , and about 20 mins with lunch .

7.3 6.6
3.9 ( classed as a good reading in pregnancy lol !! )
4.4 8.0
And just now 5.7

One day closer to my appointment and one day closer to one born every minute lol!!!
Ahh that's so annoying yes they are prob busy but your still there patient also takes 2 mins to book an appointment!

Will be very tricky specially because I'm trying to get mine back on track then it will all change agin lol

Yes I've been good thank you I have a week of work next week and this week is going so quick already which is a bonus just hope next week doesn't go so quick haha

when do you inject your insulin ? I have always done mine straight after I have eaten but I guess that's how I've always known how to do it!

Wow your bms have been great!! 3.9 classed as good are they crazyyyyyyy hahaha I'll be shaking at 3.9!

Xx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One day closer to my appointment and one day closer to one born every minute lol!!!
Ahh that's so annoying yes they are prob busy but your still there patient also takes 2 mins to book an appointment!

Will be very tricky specially because I'm trying to get mine back on track then it will all change agin lol

Yes I've been good thank you I have a week of work next week and this week is going so quick already which is a bonus just hope next week doesn't go so quick haha

when do you inject your insulin ? I have always done mine straight after I have eaten but I guess that's how I've always known how to do it!

Wow your bms have been great!! 3.9 classed as good are they crazyyyyyyy hahaha I'll be shaking at 3.9!

Xx

Double yay !!! Lol .
Yeah that is true actually , I thought bloody hell why can't they just book an appointment in but apparently has to be done by the admin people :confused:.
But will ring again tmz and be a pain lol .

Yeah will be so tricky as want it all to be with in target to be at our healthiest so will involve constant changing I think .
That's brilliant always good to get time off work .

I used to do that all the time inject after , but then my bms would go high afterwards , and it's because the insulin isn't there to cover the carbs your eating at first , so I do it before but was still getting high bms after so I inject 40 mins early to eating my dinner and breakfast so the insulin gets to work . Then only 20 mins before my lunch . All depends on your readings though with timing . And everyone's time will be different .
Was just something I tried and it works for me but might not work for others .

Your targets : as an overal but to be discussed with your diabetes team
( this is from the leaflet )
Before meal 3.5 - 5.9
And less than 7.8 1 hour after meals .
And ideally your hba1c should be below a 7%

So maybe if the 3.9 was after the meal you would treat it to come up to a 5 , all pre to pregnancy of course .
But yeah changes all the blooming rules eh !! Be very worth it though , so I'm trying to adapt to being a 3.9 and feel okayish but not quiet there yet haha .

:p:p:p

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Double yay !!! Lol .
Yeah that is true actually , I thought bloody hell why can't they just book an appointment in but apparently has to be done by the admin people :confused:.
But will ring again tmz and be a pain lol .

Yeah will be so tricky as want it all to be with in target to be at our healthiest so will involve constant changing I think .
That's brilliant always good to get time off work .

I used to do that all the time inject after , but then my bms would go high afterwards , and it's because the insulin isn't there to cover the carbs your eating at first , so I do it before but was still getting high bms after so I inject 40 mins early to eating my dinner and breakfast so the insulin gets to work . Then only 20 mins before my lunch . All depends on your readings though with timing . And everyone's time will be different .
Was just something I tried and it works for me but might not work for others .

Your targets : as an overal but to be discussed with your diabetes team
( this is from the leaflet )
Before meal 3.5 - 5.9
And less than 7.8 1 hour after meals .
And ideally your hba1c should be below a 7%

So maybe if the 3.9 was after the meal you would treat it to come up to a 5 , all pre to pregnancy of course .
But yeah changes all the blooming rules eh !! Be very worth it though , so I'm trying to adapt to being a 3.9 and feel okayish but not quiet there yet haha .

:p:p:p

Cloe today is the day woooooo! Hehe :)

How did you get on today phoning them? Hope I heard you have a appointment!

I'm so excite to relax next week and to obviously see my gp! Hahahahahaha Still trying to convince scott to go on holiday hehe I need it!

Yes everyone is different your right I use to be on a regime where I injected in the morning then had breakfast then a snack then lunch then snack then dinner inject then snack! Was awful had to constantly eat when I didn't want to but as I got old they changed my regime thank god!

Today's bms have been ok I had a really bad low this morning woke up at 5 ! Good job I know when I'm having a low! Then lunch was 7.8 and yet to do another!

How was you today xx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wooo I loved that whole hour !!
Looks so painful that women going fudge fudge , she didn't say that at the end !! Haha and the name cosmos was deffo a different choice lol .

Well I had to ring again and finally after 5 pm my nurse rang me she's been trying to do it so that she can come in on my appointment and go through everything with me and the diabetic midwife , so that's why I hadn't heard as she was planning so they both could see me hehe , she's soo great so my appointment is on the 15 eeeeeek . Too excited right now !! Kieron went mental haha :D

Yeah you've got such a good week ahead of you hehe , Ooo how's the convincing going so far lol . Has it worked ? :p
Omg that's what I used to do like being first diagnosed to like teens maybe , strange eh . Maybe if you can attend that course it will all change again then pregnancy so again, ought oo lol .

Oo bloody hell , that's never good , you feeling ok now though , yeah your very lucky it wakes you up when you go low during the night .
You had a good lunch time bm , what was you recent bm .

I've been very well today as you can guess well ok after 5 pm as was like why no phone call :mad:All day , my poor mum lmao . :oops:
My bms have been good too so I'm happy .
6.4 7.4
4.7 5.2
5.8 4.4
6.8 .

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wooo I loved that whole hour !!
Looks so painful that women going fudge fudge , she didn't say that at the end !! Haha and the name cosmos was deffo a different choice lol .

Well I had to ring again and finally after 5 pm my nurse rang me she's been trying to do it so that she can come in on my appointment and go through everything with me and the diabetic midwife , so that's why I hadn't heard as she was planning so they both could see me hehe , she's soo great so my appointment is on the 15 eeeeeek . Too excited right now !! Kieron went mental haha :D

Yeah you've got such a good week ahead of you hehe , Ooo how's the convincing going so far lol . Has it worked ? :p
Omg that's what I used to do like being first diagnosed to like teens maybe , strange eh . Maybe if you can attend that course it will all change again then pregnancy so again, ought oo lol .

Oo bloody hell , that's never good , you feeling ok now though , yeah your very lucky it wakes you up when you go low during the night .
You had a good lunch time bm , what was you recent bm .

I've been very well today as you can guess well ok after 5 pm as was like why no phone call :mad:All day , my poor mum lmao . :oops:
My bms have been good too so I'm happy .
6.4 7.4
4.7 5.2
5.8 4.4
6.8 .

Sorry late replying! How's you day been you bin up to much... I have just got back from a lovely meal with my mum dad and Scott was yummmmmmmy!

Ahhhhhh me to I could actually watch it all day hahaha!

Appointment on the 15th ahhhhhhim so excited make sure you let me know....

Convincing is still not working lol but am still going to try!

My bms have been good today 6.7 4.8 and 8 I'm happy with how have yours been?

You got much planned for the weekend x x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey :) .

Glad to hear you had a lovely meal with your parents and scott !!
I've had a good day today , been a bit naughty today o_O Had some sweets haha , and then kieron brought me kfc was lovely though lol !!
We also went into town and got caught in a lot of rain , we was very wet just looked at each other and laughed lol !!
Just been chilling really . Not got much planned for tmz at the moment . What about you guys ?

We're very excited to hehe , I will haha , I bet your excited too not long for you to wait either now till your appointment eeeek :)
4.7 6.5

Such a terrible high this morning but I know why , my bed time bm was a 2.5 oh wow I felt bad , so yes I over ate and shouldn't of done but god that was nasty !! I'm happy with the rest though and not bad considering I had sweets and kfc haha woo .
What about yours how's your been going today , you had great readings the other day :p:cool::p

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey :) .

Glad to hear you had a lovely meal with your parents and scott !!
I've had a good day today , been a bit naughty today o_O Had some sweets haha , and then kieron brought me kfc was lovely though lol !!
We also went into town and got caught in a lot of rain , we was very wet just looked at each other and laughed lol !!
Just been chilling really . Not got much planned for tmz at the moment . What about you guys ?

We're very excited to hehe , I will haha , I bet your excited too not long for you to wait either now till your appointment eeeek :)
4.7 6.5

Such a terrible high this morning but I know why , my bed time bm was a 2.5 oh wow I felt bad , so yes I over ate and shouldn't of done but god that was nasty !! I'm happy with the rest though and not bad considering I had sweets and kfc haha woo .
What about yours how's your been going today , you had great readings the other day :p:cool::p

Helloo Hun

Dinner was yummy I had steak my favourite and Scott had a double chicken burger which he enjoyed hahah

Doesn't hurt to have a few sweets sometimes! Ha well me and Scott went to the cafe this morning then he treated me to a McDonald's that was also very yum!!

We have been very busy today running Erins all day lol ! We have nothing planned for tomorrow but Scott is of fishing

Oh I can't wait 2 days until mine lol!!!! Around a week for yours ?

Haven't checked my sugars today thought I would have a day of... Although I do feel very naughty not doing them lol

Xx
Oh I totally understand what you mean when you over eat when your having a low your just trying whatever you can to bring yourself back up!!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Helloo Hun

Dinner was yummy I had steak my favourite and Scott had a double chicken burger which he enjoyed hahah

Doesn't hurt to have a few sweets sometimes! Ha well me and Scott went to the cafe this morning then he treated me to a McDonald's that was also very yum!!

We have been very busy today running Erins all day lol ! We have nothing planned for tomorrow but Scott is of fishing

Oh I can't wait 2 days until mine lol!!!! Around a week for yours ?

Haven't checked my sugars today thought I would have a day of... Although I do feel very naughty not doing them lol

Xx
Oh I totally understand what you mean when you over eat when your having a low your just trying whatever you can to bring yourself back up!!

Sounds lovely , only difference my end is k would of had the steak me the burger haha .

Yes that's very true I have enjoyed my pig out day today !! Is nice to get treats sometimes .
Arr I bet was all yummy !! Sounds busy haha sounds a lot busier than my day lol !!!

Oh haha , I'd feel so naughty too , I'm a bit of a weirdo I couldn't not do bms through out the day I'd feel well panicky and be like I need to know what it is !! :oops::bag: Haha .

Can not wait to hear from you Monday , are you hoping they will also send you for your hba1c ? How long ago did you have yours done now ?
Yes our appointments a week on Tuesday hehehe :wacky: Hope I can find the department , may have to leave a tad early lol . :cyclops:

Yes exactly that lol !! But I knew why I went high so wasn't to bad , but just needed so much last night , only came up to a 4 45 mins after couldn't go a bed on that , then I eat and got the high am lol . But meh all good now .

:):D:)

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds lovely , only difference my end is k would of had the steak me the burger haha .

Yes that's very true I have enjoyed my pig out day today !! Is nice to get treats sometimes .
Arr I bet was all yummy !! Sounds busy haha sounds a lot busier than my day lol !!!

Oh haha , I'd feel so naughty too , I'm a bit of a weirdo I couldn't not do bms through out the day I'd feel well panicky and be like I need to know what it is !! :oops::bag: Haha .

Can not wait to hear from you Monday , are you hoping they will also send you for your hba1c ? How long ago did you have yours done now ?
Yes our appointments a week on Tuesday hehehe :wacky: Hope I can find the department , may have to leave a tad early lol . :cyclops:

Yes exactly that lol !! But I knew why I went high so wasn't to bad , but just needed so much last night , only came up to a 4 45 mins after couldn't go a bed on that , then I eat and got the high am lol . But meh all good now .

:):D:)

Hahahahahaha oh steak is my favourite and we had 40% of the meal so was even yummiest lol!

Ah I always think you should treat yourself now and then! It doesn't hurt (well if it does won't hurt for long lol)

No I totally know what you mean I did feel weird not doing them and ended up doing one before bed I was 7.0 so I was happy about that! And hopefully was ok during the day I've had to triple my order of testing strips on prescription as I have used so many!

Ahhh tomorrow that's gone so quick my appointment is at 9:50 odd time lol but yes send me for a hb and then hopefully get moving :) as I haven't been great with my diabetes in the past I'm sure it will be a very long chat but I'm excited for that! Me wanting children and being ready is defiantly a turning point for me! :)

As long as your ok that's all that matters!!

You got many plans for today ?

Xx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh result always a winner when you get money off haha , yes that's very true lol .

Yeah I get yah lol , that's a good bm reading you had of a 7 though . Omg really lol !! How many a day was you doing to what your doing now , do your doctors seem Ok with you ordering more I know some can be funny :mad:

Is a random time but atleast it's in the morning , and you haven't got to wait all day to go , will be brilliant to see what your new hba1c I feel excited and nervous for you haha , you must tell me as soon as you know !! Eeeeek :)
Defiantly will be worth having the chat and your also getting the ball moving and going in the right direction !! It's all good news .

I'm fine now hehe , thank you , nope no plans , got no makeup on just sitting about catching up on some stuff on the tv with k , then we might have an xbox day for the rest of it right lazy day , then busy busy tmz again .
What about you ? .

Oh yay haha go you , where you planning on going ?

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes the doctors do get very funny!!! but worth a shot!!!

Oh of course ill message you straight away and let you know :) im soooooo excitedddddd!!! wooo

Well scotts fishing so im being very lazy got my mum and dad coming round scotts so I shall be cooking everyone a roast my favourite dinner also lol!!!

Not sure yet cloe just somewhere hot we went Egypt last year so didn't really want to go again but I know were be guaranteed the weather lol!!!

Ill be honest I hardly ever done my readings I just guessed all the time! Naughty naughty... surprising how much better I feel now :):):)

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes true !! Ooo I bet you are hehe , what are you hoping you have come down to on your hba1c ?
What will you be happy with ?

Ar that will be nice , sounds lovely . Are you cooking for Scott's parents too , if so that's a lot to cook for haha .

Hmm decisions decisions haha , I'm sure you will agree on somewhere to go soon. That's also something to look forward to hehe .

It really is surprising eh , and all for the better you don't realise Untill you do it just how much better you feel for doing so .
How many on average do you bm daily now ? .

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
3/4 if I can do more I will lool

ill be happy with 7/8 hb if im higher I will be gutted lol

what you hoping to get out of your appointment on th 15th?

yes and scotts parents too lol and his brother so 7 of us hahaha sbould get startd soon x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's so much better than what you said you had previously been doing .
I was doing 5 daily but upped It to 7 so can do post meal readings but on weekends probs 5 .

Fingers crossed for you , you have put in so much hard work , I really hope it does come down .

Erm hopefully as much information as I need to get things started and to be as clued up as I possibley can .
So what they would like my readings to be , weather they think I'd be ready soon after my frolic acid dose to come of the pill . As someone else mentioned that as takes a while to get out your system think you also said that . If I should eat differently . Anything else I need to get in check .
So basically to see how ready I am really , and to see whats the next step . As my nurse fount out my hba1c she told me to go get pregnant so makes me wonder if I really am more there then not , so very curious as what I get adviced to do next . Imagine if it's sooner than what I'm thinking I could try , cor shocking !! .

Oh bloody hell haha !! That is a lot , bet there all thank ful that your cooking for them and they haven't got to do it , that is nice of you to do that .oh god yeah better make a start takes a while to prepare and cook haha !! That's also good that the other side of the family get on with the other lol.