medication increase help/support/advice

ninaleonard78

Dr on Monday told me to start of on 1 metformin and 1 glicizine tablet in morning and increase to 4 met (2×2 daily) and 2 glicizine daily....when should i increase?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Ask him that ... not us as we can't advise, ethically or medically

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr on Monday told me to start of on 1 metformin and 1 glicizine tablet in morning and increase to 4 met (2×2 daily) and 2 glicizine daily....when should i increase?
I've not seen any of your other posts, so not knowing your situation, it is tricky to advise
As Mike D suggested, ask your GP some questions, why increase, what would be the expected outcome, how long for, are there alternatives to Meds or increased Meds?
Hope that helps and good luck.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with the others. We can't advise on medication. You need to ask your doctor when you are supposed to increase the tablets. Is there any information on the packets, or on the leaflet included with the tablets?

It would really help us all if you would complete your profile settings to add the type of diabetes you have, and details of your medication. Without all that, on future posts, we are working blind and you may end up with incorrect advice.

Reactions: hankjam

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On my Metformin tablet box is a label which indicates the increases and adds 'as tolerated' - is there such a label on yours?
Naturally I keep mine pinned to the fireplace with a stiletto - the box, that is, the tablets went in the bin, because I did not tolerate them, what you do with yours is entirely between your GP and yourself - I could not possibly comment.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs

You could also try asking the chemist who dispensed the drugs.

I saw your posts a few days ago when you were first told you were diabetic. Hope you feel better soon.

Has your doctor (I assume this was the emergency hospital appointment?) told you whether you're T1 or T2 or ordered some more tests to determine this? Have you got a proper appointment for some sort of diabetic follow up (either with your GP or at the hospital).

Good luck.