1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, would you like to BETA test the Low Carb Program app and help improve it? Register your interest »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Meditation

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments' started by Fearless36, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Fearless36

Fearless36 · Well-Known Member

We all know meditation is good for us generally for wellbeing, but I came across an mp3 recently that I really love that is both a guided meditation and affirmations specifically for diabetes. Its been created by Belleruth Naparstek and has some beautiful imagery.
    http://www.healthjourneys.com/Store/Products/Control-Diabetes-Health-Journeys/8

Meditation isn't everyone's choice but I figured it worth sharing. I really find it calming and beneficial.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I tried the free Headspace thing. I gave up at session six. They are three minutes long and repetitive to the nth degree. The price of the follow on sessions are a bit steep, too. Having said that, I learned some yoga relaxation excercises many years ago and use those to stop palpitations getting out of control and to aid sleep and they are good but would be better if I could listen to a sonorous voice guiding me.

3. Fearless36

Fearless36 · Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the Headspace, but really like the HealthJourney's (link I posed above). Plus the affirmations are also something I play in the background whilst I work and I like them too. As they are specifically about diabetes - I wanted to share as I know they are helping me.

4. scorpius14

scorpius14 Type 1 · Member

i find various ASMR techniques to be therapeutic, there are so many on youtube lasting from 3 mins to 4 hours. although meditation is intended to be carried out in complete silence, i don't have the luxury of being in a quiet place so a 'mind massage' is the closest i can get

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook