Thanks

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If this doesn't happen every day, it is likely to be another cause such as
- How well did you sleep? - a bad night's sleep can cause our levels to rise
- When did you last do a set change? - some sets can take a few hours to "bed in" causing a spike at the start
- Was the walk relaxing or did you push yourself? - some exercise can cause our levels to rise (and some can cause it to fall).
- Did you do less exercise yesterday? I find my DP is much more pronounced if I have a few days on the couch. When I go to the gym daily, my DP is almost non-existent.

If it happens every day, it is likely to be Foot on The Floor - a glucose dump from your liver to start your day.

Jess1D

It happens more so with certain breakfasts- I am just unsure what needs to be altered? Normally my time in range is good

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It sounds like your carb count isn't right for that breakfast, or you just need more insulin for those types of breakfast. What happens if you miss breakfast?

Jess1D

Numbers steady but I’ll be honest I haven’t missed breakfast - it’s just a part of my routine - just to update
IMG_1691750714.267419.jpg
IMG_1691750714.267419.jpg
this is all corrections done by pump/CGM I went into bolus once & it offered to give me 0.025 so I did

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You’re in Smartguard so the only things you can change to prevent that is either your Active Insulin Time or Carb Ratios if either of them even do need changing.

Jess1D

You’re in Smartguard so the only things you can change to prevent that is either your Active Insulin Time or Carb Ratios if either of them even do need changing.

Would you have some advice please? Happened again today - feel like I’m sitting high for couple of hours (pump does corrections which slowly bring me down)
IMG_1691872148.677214.jpg

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If it’s a consistent pattern at the same time of day I would first try giving your insulin before you’re eating, even if you are now I’d up the time slightly. I don’t know what insulin you’re on but if it’s Novorapid it can be quite slow to act, I used to have to inject it up to 30-45 minutes before eating. General rule I was given was to inject 15-20 minutes before eating and go from there. If that doesn’t help I’d look to change your carb ratios.

I would speak to your nurse if you have one as well as they would be able to advise you best based on your history what the best changes are to make in terms of your carb ratios.

Jess1D

If it’s a consistent pattern at the same time of day I would first try giving your insulin before you’re eating, even if you are now I’d up the time slightly. I don’t know what insulin you’re on but if it’s Novorapid it can be quite slow to act, I used to have to inject it up to 30-45 minutes before eating. General rule I was given was to inject 15-20 minutes before eating and go from there. If that doesn’t help I’d look to change your carb ratios.

I would speak to your nurse if you have one as well as they would be able to advise you best based on your history what the best changes are to make in terms of your carb ratios.

Many thanks