Metformin and blood meter

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@badcat
I expect you are not working your premis thatour beta cells hard by controlling what you are eating, and therefore
  • You have slowed down their death
  • And you need a lot fewer of them then someone not on low carb would need

I am hoping to do the same, and have enough premis thatour beta cells outlive the rest of my body, so that I don't need long term meds. But if I am cut open and the number of beta cells counted there will be less in 30 year times then there is now, I just need to insure I don't overwork them so I have enough of them in 30 years time.

Dave29

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning. I had my first visit to the diabetic doctor last Friday. She said as I was on Metformin I didn't need a blood meter (not sure if I've used right term) as metformin doesn't create highs and lows in blood glucose. That day I'd had hardly any carbs and felt dreadful at work, I messed up a simple subtraction with my students. After lessons, I had a yoghurt and very soon felt better. The doctor said it couldn't have been my diabetes but was probably due to the weather. I know I felt odd, never felt like this before, so am doubting her opinion. I am seriously thinking of getting a meter so I can measure how my change in eating is affecting me. I'd be interested in hearing what you lovely people think.
Hi Soozieann,
I've been recently diagnosed. I had a bowl of musuzlli one morning without sugar and I suddenly felt I'll. I saw the medic at work who tested my sugar level and it had rocketed he told me there was more sugar in that than was on a mars bar ( chocolate bar)and had a terrible headache - an hour later I was back to normal but advised to drink more fluids (water) which did make me feel better. So conclusion I think is to be careful what you eat. My nurse said o don't need a blood test gadget just yet though.