Metformin and CBD

polarsun

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Type 1 diabetic having good success with appetite control and weight loss with 500mg metformin 4x/d and 10mg CBD 1x/d. Also am taking 30mg/d biofisitin and 100mg/d resveratrol and various other longevity supplements.

CBD is my new addition and it is making me less anxious. By itself it doesn't seem to cut my binge cravings much (I've always been a binger). But with 2g/d metformin my cravings are gone and blood sugar controlled. I read that CBD amps your mitochondria, and of course metformin dials them down. So in that way they may balance each other out.

"CBD can help diabetes patients avoid cravings for high-calorie food. This, in turn, helps diabetes patients to manage compulsive eating, making it easier to stick to healthier diet plans."

This is documented in a National Institutes of Health paper. Just search the NIH for article 31109198.

The other nice side effect is I am not as irritable.

Reactions: catinahat

polarsun

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
*******. They have sugar but at least it's a small candy. Vaping I'm afraid of due to smoking being bad for diabetes. Sublingual is too hard to accurately dose (for me).

• Friendly
Reactions: Becca_61087