Metformin

Zeptra86

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi im newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic and just started on Metformin and it's causing havoc with my stomach will it ease off?

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It may do after a few days if not see your doctor and ask for the Slow Release version that is kinder on the stomach

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
As above give it a while so your body can adapt. What dose did you start on ?

Zeptra86

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They started me on 500mg twice a day I'm just having constant cramps and the runs sorry for tmi x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I started two weeks ago and my pharmacist advised me to take 1 tablet a day for the first week, then two for the second and then three, purely due to this.

BadgerE

I've been on metformin for several years now and is beginning to affect my kidneys. Is / what other drugs are out there for me as a UK resident?

AnnMcD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They started me on 500mg twice a day I'm just having constant cramps and the runs sorry for tmi x
In the very same boat as you, i was told that your system gets used to it after a few weeks. I really hope tummy settles soon for both of us x

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been on metformin for several years now and is beginning to affect my kidneys. Is / what other drugs are out there for me as a UK resident?
Is it common that Metf. affects the kidneys?

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think it is the diabetes complication that is affecting your kidneys, not the medication. Need to drink lots of water all day long. Less salt in diet helps.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum