moaning

foxy123

i really feel like i need a good moan im not the worst off by far on this site of which im aware ,just fed up only known ive got diabetes a few weeks ago and had enough already it seems to me like dont drink dont smoke dont eat anything you actually really like .So not a whole lot of fun ,dont like the idea of ignoreing this advice but not not impressed what so ever with this diabetes lark.Maybe i will feel better now ive got it off my chest :roll:

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
You needed that!!

I hope that you can soon realise that you can live with diabetes but that means,as it does for all of us, changes in the way you live your life. It is amazing how quickly those changes become just part of your life and not as huge problem - at least that was my experience.

Take care

Doug

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I feel a bit the same :( I'm 31 and pretty much feel like I'm not allowed anything I enjoy lol I must admit though I had Gestational Diabetes with my last pregnancy and was put on a really strict diet and insulin, and like the previous poster said, it just becomes the norm after a while.

Things will be ok!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I would agree with Doug, the changes I made I needed to make anyway ie I used to eat way too much food especially chock bars and instaed of having a sandwich for lunch I would have two sandwiches plus a couple of packets of crisps a chocolate bar or two and then carry on snacking till I had my evening meal.

Now I eat three meals a day with just the occasional snack, a small piece of fruit or even the occasional packet of crisps and I probably eat a third of the amount of food/rubbish I used to eat. I find the only foods I have to completely avoid other than the obvious sugary things are white and wholemeal breads and pasta pretty much anything else I can eat as long as I keep the portions small, I chose this regime as I knew I could not stop eating all the foods I enjoy, so now I still enjoy them but in moderation instead of making a pig of myself. Two or three small new potatoes or a dozen slim chops dont move my bg levels much at all now that I have pretty tight control, similarly a couple of spoonfuls of Basmati rice is fine for me but no way could I cover my plate with rice as I used to before covering that with curry or chilli.

Of course I do miss having thick slices of fresh crusty white bread or crusty white rolls or a plateful of pasta but thats a small price to pay for keeping good control. I find that I savour my food more now so even though I eat much less than I used to I enjoy what I eat much much more :thumbup:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
foxy123 said:
Thanks Doug ,im such a winge bag :) :oops:

No foxy123 .
You are not a whinge bag at all ...
You have realised this will change things for you and your future.
It certainly does not feel fair when the rest of the world can carry on eating and doing
anything they want to without any consequences at all...

We do know how it can feel - as sid's great post points out yes we all miss certain things.
But once you work out the changes that you need and like for the better, you
really dont end up feeling short changed as its just as tasty if not 'more so' :thumbup:
It takes time to work out what needs to be changed and how to do the changes.

It takes a lot of thought and effort on our part - this is often the "hardest bit" .
We can support and help , just ask anything you need to.
Someone will come along to help and support, its how we work here :D
If you are stuck with anything , just ask or rummage through the posts .

Anna.