MODY and Gestational Diabetes

Knitter

Hello

I have Glucokinase MODY and was diagnosed a few years ago, my bloods averaged at 6.8 and I have never required any treatment until now.

At my booking in appointment I was referred to the diabetes clinic at the maternity unit and when I went I was put on monitoring bloods 7x a day and within the week was put on insulin. I took it all quite well initially but over the last few days I have really struggled to control my diet and have started to find testing my bloods really stressful and quite uncomfortable, to the point that I am really upset. The injections are fine but I am struggling with the rest. Obviously I am taking my bloods as requested and trying to improve my diet as much as possible but will it get any easier?

Is there anything I can do to reduce the stress and discomfort of blood testing or do I just need to toughen up and get on with it?

audsital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat carbs!
Hi knitter, sorry to hear you are finding things so difficult at the moment. I hope you don,t mind me saying but maybe you are suffering from a bit of depression. I get like this every so often. Do you have any friends you could talk to or a simpathetic doctor?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Knitter

Thank you for your kind thoughts however it is only in relation to taking my bloods that I am feeling anxious apart from that I am quite content. I just need to get the blood testing sorted, I am doing it as often as I have been told I just get very tense about it when I look the equipment out to do it.