mood swings

bettylollypop

Hi there, new to this forum. I know that there is already a topic about moodswings, however didn't want to hijack it lol.

Just looking for a bit of advice, it is my son who has type 1, he is 7 years old and has had it for exactly 2 years. However i constantly find myself asking him what is wrong, he sometimes looks down in the dumps and constantly tells me nothing is wrong and he gets angry when i keep pushing him. he asures me nobody is annoying him at school and assures me that he is very happy in the home, and that he hasn't fell out with his friends etc. But i worry myself sick but now i am wondering can it be his diabetes that is causing these low moods sometimes.

Most of the time he is a very happy boy who has good friends in and out school and he attends martial arts classes every week. It is just every now and then he gets quite low.

Does anyone else with a child with type 1 have the same issue?

Oh and i wasn't sure where to post my topic, due to being new but if there is any probs let me know.

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Bettylollypop,
i know exactly what you mean, i find with my 10yr old he can go through the same kinda emotions, moody, quiet, snappy. Before diagnosis Andrew was an angel, never spoke back, always obedient and never cheeky. Now 3 yrs on he competes with his 12yr old brother in the moody stakes! Is it a part of growing up? or is it the diabetes? Its hard to know really, what i do know is iv'e learnt not to make allowences for his sulky/snappy/moody behaviour, i know he has a lot to deal with, but i find when i make allowences he tends to play on it and that just opens an entire can of worms.
Most of the time he is apologetic and he's still at an age where he loves his cuddles and has always been affectionate, that tends to make us both feel better, but i do understand how frustrationg it is.
Dont know if this has helped any, but it gives you an idea what another boy with T1's like,
Take care
Suzi x

bettylollypop

Hi there, yes you have helped me. Thank you, i feel much better now that i have found somewhere that i can get advice and hopefully give some out.

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
do you know if your son is having hypo's and high's at all?

Im finding that my BG's swinging around causes me to be very irratable, moody and snappy.