Morning BS Reading

gilbertsweet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ Mep. I'll trod on without being paranoid about it. Will carry on enjoying healthy food and living. Asian food though delicious is high in unhealthy fats and carbs.

Reactions: Prem51

gilbertsweet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, everyone. My fasting bs 6 hours ago was 7.2 mmol/L and now it's 7.3. Any thoughts ?

Reactions: Prem51

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, everyone. My fasting bs 6 hours ago was 7.2 mmol/L and now it's 7.3. Any thoughts ?

I'd say visit your doc and get the diagnostic tests redone. You may need different meds or dosages as well. I wish you the best. :)

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Mep! I'll get to see him for my next HbA1c in January '17

Cool, also ask for the GAD and c-peptide tests to be done along with the hbA1c. The c-peptide test in particular will show whether or not you still produce insulin. I've had these tests done 3 times since diagnosis. The last one showed I don't produce insulin I need, that's why I came off oral meds and I'm now on insulin. I wish you the best :)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's a bit higher than desirable. You should be aiming to get 7 or below. A higher bs level in the morning can be due to 'Dawn Phenomenon' where your liver dumps stored glucose into your blood stream as you wake because you don't have enough, to get you going for the day.
Some people find that a protein snack like a few nuts or a small piece of cheese before you go to bed can prevent this.