Morning Reading

cratat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being diabetic, struggling with food choices
Every morning when I take my blood glucose reading it is above 10 rest of the day around 6 what am I doing wrong in the evening for it to spike like this should I be worried type 2 tablet controlled

• Hug
Reactions: filly

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @cratat is it the first thing you do? Before any activity (apart from washing your hands) and before drinking anything?
A lot of members test as soon as they sit up in bed and use an alcohol swab to clean their hands.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I know as type1 I suffer from dawn phenomenon , where my liver gives me a surge of glycogen to give me energy after I wake, I hear it’s from prehistoric times when we were out killing things to eat so needed energy I think that’s a load of tosh but there you are . I’m assuming thats what’s happening to you, it’s also foot on floor effect , because it happens as you get out of bed , I suppose it’s your body giving you a boost to start your day, a smart cookie this body of ours.

Reactions: remma and cratat

cratat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being diabetic, struggling with food choices
Hi @cratat is it the first thing you do? Before any activity (apart from washing your hands) and before drinking anything?
A lot of members test as soon as they sit up in bed and use an alcohol swab to clean their hands.
Yes soon as I walk downstairs after having a wash

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I know as type1 I suffer from dawn phenomenon , where my liver gives me a surge of glycogen to give me energy after I wake, I hear it’s from prehistoric times when we were out killing things to eat so needed energy I think that’s a load of tosh but there you are . I’m assuming thats what’s happening to you, it’s also foot on floor effect , because it happens as you get out of bed , I suppose it’s your body giving you a boost to start your day, a smart cookie this body of ours.
Just getting up during the night for a pee has the same effect on me , as soon as I lay down and go back to sleep it comes down again , something I would never have known about without the good old Libre 2 !

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Every morning when I take my blood glucose reading it is above 10 rest of the day around 6 what am I doing wrong in the evening for it to spike like this should I be worried type 2 tablet controlled
When you say that the rest of the day you are around 6, when are you testing?
Do you just test randomly at some point in the day when you think about it or do you have a more structured testing regime based around your meals.
Our livers can make glucose if they need to but for us T2's the problem is usually glucose storage. When we don't use the glucose in our blood it gets stored away, some is stored in muscle tissue but most of it goes to our liver, although when desperate our bodies will shove the sugar anywhere it can, in our pee, our eyes, etc, a bit like sweeping the dust under the carpet.
When we are asleep or if we go any decent amount of time without eating, our liver takes the opportunity to get rid of some of that excess by dumping it into your blood.
The solution is to keep your levels as low as you can and not have too much in storage