Mulberry leaf and Bitter Melon Tablets

vickk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just over a year ago I started following the Low Carb food plan priciples. I had just had a hab1c of 72 and put on Metformin at 2000mg per day(had been Diet controlled for 5 years). Since going down the low carb route and also started taking bitter Mellon capsules I have had 2 consecutive hab1c 6 monthly readings of 46 and 42. The bitter Mellon capsules definitely have a benefit as I have come off them and measured an increase in my daily readings.

I have just been reading about Mulberry leaf capsules and wondered if anyone had tried them? I also wonder it they will be safe to take alongside the Bitter Mellon provided I monitor my readings?

I am still taking the Metformin although these seem to have a less impact than the bitter Mellon and if I get a 3rd low hab1c in April then the Doctor will discuss reducing or coming off them.

I have told both the doctor and Nurse that I have be following the low carb plan and had no negative reaction, in fact they asked for the link to the video course and prescribed a meter to save me costs of strips. Something they don't normally do if the patient is not on insulin , but they were impressed I had used the meter to weed out food that don't suit me.

Reactions: kokhongw

vickk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I bought some and have been on them for 5 days and my readings have on average gone up! the peak ones i.e. first morning and after meals are similar but the lower ones i.e. before meals and before bed are significantly higher.

Reactions: beth cordoba