My first 3month HbA1c

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
Friday I received my first 3 month test after being diagnosed and it was down from 56 to 28 and cholesterol 4.78, I am thrilled to say the least and so is my doctor but the dietitian was not! She said I should be eating rice, potatoes and other starchy foods per day, I said they spike me and she said that's what we want?! She totally doesn't agree with LCHF diet and cream in coffee was a definitely no no! She has really played with my head Oh and as for having a blood testing meter I won't even go into that

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday I received my first 3 month test after being diagnosed and it was down from 56 to 28 and cholesterol 4.78, I am thrilled to say the least and so is my doctor but the dietitian was not! She said I should be eating rice, potatoes and other starchy foods per day, I said they spike me and she said that's what we want?! She totally doesn't agree with LCHF diet and cream in coffee was a definitely no no! She has really played with my head Oh and as for having a blood testing meter I won't even go into that
Oh no! I have my first review coming up in the next couple of weeks. Well done on your great results. I'm just seeing my GP, no dietitian. Did your dietitian explain why you need spikes?! It sounds so bizarre that she'd say that. I thought the idea was to have largely level readings without large swings up and down?

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh no! I have my first review coming up in the next couple of weeks. Well done on your great results. I'm just seeing my GP, no dietitian. Did your dietitian explain why you need spikes?! It sounds so bizarre that she'd say that. I thought the idea was to have largely level readings without large swings up and down?
I know she's really played with my brain! I make all our food from scratch and I thought with very healthy real foods and I walk for 20mins plus everyday x

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good luck with your review xx

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck with your review xx
Thank you! I'm kind of looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to seeing my GP's face when he sees I've lost 14kgs since I last saw him and hopefully there'll be a significant drop in my HbA1c. However I don't know what his stance on low carb and self monitoring is as I saw a different GP at diagnosis as my appt was squeezed in at short notice. I've always had a good relationship with him so I hope he'll respect my choices if it's showing good results.

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Well done @Rosiegough_ your results speak for themselves. Why would your dietitian want you to food that your body can no longer tolerate? If it brought you out in a rash or a similar allergic reaction she would advise you not to keep eating it. Just because there is no visible sign of a problem they seem to think it must be OK. As long as you are healthy and stay well on your new diet keep it up. You blood test tells the story more eloquently.

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Very well done Rosie. Never saw a dietician, but dn was not keen on Lchf dieting as in her words it's a radical, untested diet. In my opinion the results speak for themselves, only wish I could convert type 2 father in law who sits with large piece of cake c/o feeling unwell and how his diabetes is out of control, next stop for him me thinks is insulin!!!!!

Good luck @Rachox with your results.

Reactions: Prem51

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
The only time I saw my dietician she asked how I had lost the weight and when I said low carb/Atkins she didn't even bat an eyelid. I think it just depends on how much they are entrenched in the whole Eatwell Plate. All I can say is - well done getting HBAC1 down to 28 - that's phenomenal !

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great results @Rosiegough_, well done! :)
I wouldn't worry about what the dietitian said, it's the results which matter.
I have never been offered an appointment with a dietitian since I was diagnosed T2, and it sounds like I probably haven't missed much. The advice on this forum seems to be more useful.

Reactions: Rosiegough_

Christina0308

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Rosiegough with your results, I also wasn't offered advice from a dietitian, my info came from these great people, although only been doing it for five weeks now, feel heeps better and slowly dropping weight.
Good luck with yours Rachox , mines not while end August.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please please please ignore the dietician.. and carry on with exactly what you are doing.. what brilliant results..! Very well done indeed.

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @Rosiegough_ ..
Well done and many congrats on your fantastic results :happy::happy:
Igonore your dietitian .. he/she is an idiot and wrong on so many levels .. and can not tell you what or what not to do