My first diabetic Christmas, it's so unfair..............

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
After what happened in Glasgow yesterday, life is really too short to beat yourself up over a doughnut. Who knows what tomorrow holds?

Merry Christmas.
A large slice of yule log?

Reactions: 2 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Given the tragic events that happened in Glasgow yesterday your reply to Lynn1's post was in
Dear Noblehead, I would have thought from the title of this thread that most would understand it was meant to be a little light hearted. I am certainly not 'beating myself up' as Lynn1 suggested and I did not expect my consumption of a jam doughnut to be compared to the deaths of 7 innocent people. In my opinion that in itself was bad taste, but taste is subjective don't you think.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Some well meaning git left a shed full of cakes, doughnuts, cookies and chocolate in the kitchen area at work all day today as a Christmas treat.

Sorry folks but I gave into temptation and 1 jam filled doughnut later my BG is 9.2 - OUCH! And I'd been doing so well the past couple of weeks.

Whoever you are, thanks for proving that I'm weak willed.
My first christmas as a Type 1 too! I was diagnosed in
March, started on 2 low doses of Long Acting twice a day, and (through no fault of my own, just the way the cookie crumbles, no pun intended) my doses have already gone up considerably and I now also inject before meals. I intend to eat, drink and be merry this christmas!!! the more carbs, the more i shall inject for it! This day comes but once a yr! enjoy x x x (but be sensible)

Good luck with your first Christmas. I can't ear or drink what I want, it plays havoc with my diabetes BS. So very little change for me, but I did make some low carb chocolate truffles today, so looking forward to them after Christmas dinner, just one or three perhaps,:)

Merry Christmas

RRB :D

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
Thank goodness he now "gets it". Every cloud and all that.

I hope you both have an excellent festive period, after such a difficult few months.
thanku and you to lots of love for new yr x

beardie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On Christmas day I decided to go for it. I had a bit of everything including mashed and roast potatoes and biscuits and cheese. Less of each then everyone else. I didn't test before or after. When we got home 4 hours later my BS was the lowest i've ever seen, 3.7. Hate to think what it peaked at though.

Reactions: 2 people