My house is really nice...

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
...but there are some punks outside that want to come in for a fight.

Stupidly, I let them in (got a few of my "close"mates round first to even it up a litle) and had a good ruck with them. It looks like I won - 'cos the punks have all ran off.

But my house is a mess now, and I've ruined it by letting them in.

Why, oh why, didn't I just ignore them when they rang on my door bell? They couldn't have done any real harm if I'd just NOT engaged with them. :(

Live n' learn I s'pose.

Peace, Love and not rising to the bait.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Good for you Patch that you stood up to them. Your house may be a mess but who knows, it could have been totally wrecked if you didn't stand up to them and made sure they clear of hopefully never to return again.

You did the right thing, stood up for yourself where others may have buckled and made things even worse for themselves.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I love it ....... Simplistic and naïve ......but its good. I think you need a couple of bouncers for next time, that would keep them out .......
:wink:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
But they couldn't damage my house from outside.

It's pretty secure - there's not much they could have done unless I let them in and engaged with them... :cry:

C

catherinecherub

Ah.... but they could have posed as Police Officers, you surely have read about bogus Policemen with fake I.D's who gain access to properties?

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Patch said:
But they couldn't damage my house from outside.

It's pretty secure - there's not much they could have done unless I let them in and engaged with them... :cry:

Nothing is as secure as it seems Patch, even Bill Gates computer was hacked into and caused havoc and nearly destroy his claims that his software was safe.

Sometimes it's possible to ignore those who want to cause your house damage but not always possible and you have to stand up to them, that's the way it is I'm afraid and will never change. :(

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I think you should have a stern word with whoever was responsible for letting them in Patch

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Ring the Police next time Patch, these things can fast become nasty and always better to have the Police intervene. Hope they don't come back anyway!

Nigel

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm pretty sure they'll be back, Nige.

It's my own fault for letting them get to me.

I just hope I deal with it in a more mature manner next time it happens.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Patch said:

As I said Patch, if they come back ring the Police for assistance.

Nigel

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Viv said:
You let them in?
Are these people you know, or strangers?

Well, I think I know who they are - but I cannot be absolutely sure... I have my suspicions.

I had to let them in so that I could have a pop at them, you see.

Nige said:

Nigel

But sometimes I feel that I have to defend myself - even though nothing they say can really do any damage as long as I don't rise to the bait.

Even though I don't own the property, sometimes I feel that I have to defend it tooth and nail against anyone that would attempt to damage it...

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Sorry to hear of your troubles Patch, I had a similar problem some years ago and took the legitimate route of reporting them to the police and the trouble escalated to the point where my wifes car got keyed my a youths mother after my wife told her to keep her son away from our house after he had smashed a window by our front door. Things slowly quietened down but it took a long time.

Ka-Mon said:
even Bill Gates computer was hacked into and caused havoc and nearly destroy his claims that his software was safe.
Brilliant :lol:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Even John Martin got a chance to defend his house against horrible people having twice visiting him I believe and entering unlawfully in to John Martin's property !!! John Martin may have been 'banned' from living in it for a while....but he had some strong vocal support in his favour for defending himself....

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
huff and puff and blow your house :?:

[youtube]IyAyd4WnvhU[/youtube]

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Patch
Glad to see you defended your property, that's what any man would do. I salute you for that, taking a stand is always right in my view.......... :twisted:

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

Patch said:
I had to let them in so that I could have a pop at them, you see.

Some people have a knack of getting in while you are not watching.

But sometimes I feel that I have to defend myself - even though nothing they say can really do any damage as long as I don't rise to the bait.

Well, that may or not be an easy thing to do, just depends on the circumstances. Just think of how many times you were offended by something someone said that you didn't like, I'm sure there were at least a few times.

Even though I don't own the property, sometimes I feel that I have to defend it tooth and nail against anyone that would attempt to damage it...

Good for you Patch, I'm right behind you on that. But how would you defend it once the offenders have entered your house knowing for sure that their sole intention is to destroy your house or kick you out and live in it themselves?

They say that if you ignore someone long enough then that person will just go away but we know that's not always true as some are just repeat offenders and keep getting in hell bent on causing trouble come what may!

frenchkittie

noblehead said:
Patch said:

Nigel

I think they're back, something a bit "fishy" going on.