My Partner Doesn't Get It!!

bluelybell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My partner has got the opinion that i shouldn't be thinking of testing, carb counting and that I should be just sitting back and taking my increased dose of metformin and just 'do exactly what the dr says' and basically carry on eating just the way I have been which hasn't been the best and to keep taking the medicine. I really don't want to especially having read about how you guys are making lchf work.

He's worried that because I haven't talked to the dr about my diet changes, lower carbs, and the prospect of testing my bg, that I am therefore going against medical advice and that instead ive been talking to you guys and getting advice from a 'non qualified source' and the 'internet' that I am somehow going to do myself serious harm.

Don't get me wrong I am concerned that I'm not going to be able to stick to this but I have a meter on order, I have an app on my phone that will help track things and I have been thinking of menu ideas and I have this forum.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Bluelybell

Reactions: ziggy_w

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @bluelybell

I wonder if the following article will be useful?

It is by a GP Dr David Unwin, who is also a member of DCUK.

I have used his journal articles to persuade health professionals and others that the accepted method of T2 control , (ie, starchy carbs and incresing medication) does not work.
Perhaps you could show Dr Unwin's work to your partner. By following Dr Unwin's method you would, after all, be following Dr's orders.

http://healthinsightuk.org/2014/11/13/high-fat-low-carb-diet-for-diabetes-a-gps-tale/