need help

sergey101010

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Good day! I am writing to you from Ukraine. A month ago, my family and I did not even consider going abroad... We love our long-suffering country and want to live in it... But in the last few weeks, a lot has happened in our family's life has changed... Namely, our son, who turned five years old two months ago, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes by doctors in Ukraine... This became a very big test for us and the child... Now, after russia began, in addition to a bloody war, to destroy the entire civil infrastructure of Ukraine, we have to spend most of our time with a child suffering from type 1 diabetes, without electricity and water. We live in a rural area 10 km from the district center, and more than 200 km from the nearest regional center. This significantly limits our ability to maintain the proper quality of life of our child, as well as a person with diabetes. First of all, due to the fact that such a disease requires a very strict diet, and the ability to have a wide range of products and the possibility of their preservation. In addition to this, the son still needs a thorough examination and, possibly, treatment... Our financial capabilities are very limited in order to live abroad at our own expense, undergo proper examination and treatment. there is no need, we would manage, like most people in Ukraine, but the presence of an illness in our son changes everything dramatically. The composition of our family is me, my father and guardian, my wife and my son (we also have a dog). if it is possible... If I suddenly turned to the wrong address, and you do not have an opportunity, I will be glad for advice on where I should go for help.

(mod edit to comply with forum ethos.)

Last edited by a moderator: